1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449 Dyno results

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danny318, Jul 27, 2013.

1. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Just thought I'd share for those that are curious what these bikes are putting down.

Its a 2013, has only 450 miles on it.
    Power related Mods
    Decatted stock muffler
    BMW Map 3
    JD Tuner

The Air Fuel on Map3 is pretty good, full throttle is dead on with no correction from the JD. (Originally I was set at +4 which is about 1 a/f point too rich over the #2 setting)
    Mid throttle was really rich though, 10:1 or less in the middle of the rev range, but leaner at the beginning and end of the range. Took a lot of fuel out of that area with the JD and its much better.

Overall I am fairly pleased.

[IMG]

larger size graph:
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/9377458237_cb8084e871_k.jpg

[IMG]
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  2. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

Its good to see someone still using the JD with map 3, can you share its settings please.
  3. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    G - 2.5
    Y - 1
    R - 2
    G/B - 2.5
    Y/B - 4.5
    R/B - 4.5
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm sort of surprised max HP on these 2013 TE449's uncorked/power mods is right around 43 hp if I'm reading right??

Anyone have a TXC 449 fully uncorked dyno results.. it'd be interesting to see that comparison..

Thanks for posting this
  5. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Surprised in that it is lower or higher than you expect?

Remember this is wheel horse power. Looks like 10% loss is normal so yeah I guess it is a little lower than the 50hp factory rating (it is 50 hp right?).
  6. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yeah I'm not too familiar with dyno readings..

I always hear about typical 250cc HP ratings are 30-35 for 4 strokes and 450s should hover around 50 hp - I don't know if this is 'Wheel HP' or whatever.. And that bike says to have all the necessary power up mods / fuel mappings- what type of exhaust is on those 2013's?

I'm more interested in how TXC compares to 'powered up' TE models - as TXC is designed from factory for off road. Where as TE models are choked up to meet emissions.. I'd like to see how a powered up TE model (like this) compares to a slightly modded TXC.

Cheers
    danny318 likes this.
  7. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Yeah. The TCX is supposed to be 8% more so that puts it closer to 50 wheel horse power. The numbers you hear about usually are engine numbers.

The muffler is the stock huge can. I think without the cat there isnt much restriction, but probably still some compared to an FMF or whatever.
    dukepilot likes this.
  8. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    That's really pretty good with decatted pipe. You seem to have gained about 4 HP over stock.
    Advertised HP is always way more than Dynometer. I have seen stock sheets at 39/40.
    Comparable to BETA, KTM, 50 state legals. To get the 50 you'll have to go FMF, PCV, TC airbox.
    And then some. My buddies reworked YZ450 dynoed at 48HP, he was not happy, but that thing rips.
    Thanks for posting. I have the FMF, and map3, I don't know what it makes, but I am happy with it.
    I would think after remapping and pipe, the TXC wouldn't be any stronger. It is the same engine,
    Just a better pipe and mapping, should be close after $240 FMF and 40 map.
    danny318 likes this.
  9. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm not too keen on the differences between TE250/310 and 449 setups..

I know with my 2010 TE250 , if you want every bit of power / responsiveness - some will buy the TXC 12 Port Injector / ECU upgrade..Just wondering if there is something similar on TE449
  10. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Thanks for doing the research. Looks like the map 3 is a slightly better map in that it is richer in some areas than map 2 , but nothing the JD can't reasonably correct . This is my best run with FMF powercore , JD , airbox mod . ... TE 511 .. Nice to know it's putting down yz power :)
    Then my 450r didn't feel any stronger.
    [IMG]
    Robster and danny318 like this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Did you have a slick tire or a knobby tire?

If you already stated that, forgive me because I missed it.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Air density altitude has a lot to do with dyno numbers. IMO a dyno has it's use but don't get caught up racing dyno numbers. I've seen a lot of mods that work on a dyno but actually slow down the track times. Since you spend more time accelerating out of corners than wide open on straightaways I'd be looking for the mods that increase mid range torque.
  13. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Knobby - howcome?
  14. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Knobbies slip like crazy, making your numbers a lot lower than with a street tire. Those numbers posted
    Are probably correct. Rearwheelin got more with the 511 and the JD tuner. 4 or 5 horsepower is significant
    On a bike of that weight.
  15. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    It was not slipping.
  16. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    With those numbers I wouldn't think so, I would be satisfied, a good gain, you can get more, but I don't know
    many riders who can really use that kind of peak power. If your like me, most of my rIding is midrange.
    These bike pull so nice in the lower end, I seldom really rev it out trail riding. On the track if you really
    Rev it out it's only on the straights for very short spurts. Most of the guys on here say they don't have any
    Trouble keeping up with just about anything. That has been what I have seen also. The CTS seems to really
    Help it hook up so the power gets to the ground.
  17. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Yeah. The only thing that had me bummed was how rich the mid range was in some spots. I leaned it out, but now it may be too lean in the beginning and end of the mid range because it is kind of 'u' shaped. But I don't really feel it when riding, it pulls good and will get a bit better mileage now. I'm pleased. I only can go full throttle in the woods for like 2 seconds!

I'm gonna add the TCX airbox, its already ordered but did not come in time for the dyno. Should help lean it out way up top of the rev range where it needs it.

Thats it for power mods. The bike is great
  18. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Just to put it in proper prospective, if you check Thumper talk etc... WR 450 yammies uncorked and airbox mods
    dynoed at 33HP, and Honda Crf 450 about the same, so your putting down pretty good. They just don't make advertised
    HP.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm assuming it is important to have a non-knkobby tire on a bike when doing these types of things. The last 3 times I took bikes over to Dynojet in Las Vegas they changed the rear tire to a slick before using the bikes on a dynamometer so they could get accurate numbers.
    Tinken, Motosportz and ray_ray like this.
  20. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Yeah, some shops make you have a slick tire but I assume its more for liability. This guy I went to knows what he is doing (rare these days), and I doubt he would waste his time trying to tune my bike if it was going to be inaccurate. I'm not sure why its coming up when nothing about the graph seems inaccurate.
    I appreciate the concern but I guess I'd like to see some facts or science to support it.
    Rearwheelin likes this.