1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449 Blown Head Gasket

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by F1000, Sep 29, 2014.

1. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 220 Trident T150V TTR125L
    I overheated the TE449. There is sludge on the valve cover, and the spark plug seems wet with antifreeze. I removed the radiator cap, started the bike, and the antifreeze was bubbling out like crazy. I assume I popped the head gasket or worse. I am going to change the head gasket and any other gaskets as necessary. My question is, what gaskets should I change? I am planning the head and cylinder gaskets, any others??? Thanks Glenn.

Hopefully I didnt crack the head.
    9880sts likes this.
  2. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    Head Gasket and Cylinder Gasket should do.
    I did Topend rebuild and re used my Gaskets as i could not get them in time in OZ.
    How come you Overheated the Engine ? Fan not working or waterleak ?
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Probably just the head gasket, it's rare that we have a cracked 449 head, but it happens. We also use our waterless coolant that only gets to 1 or 2 psi at full temperature which helps too.
  4. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah the fan was not working. Should have noticed it, but didn't.
  5. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
    I blew mine too, 2013 511. Bike seriously over heated and died. Had white smoke coming out of exhaust. Everything internally was ok, just replaced the head gasket. I don't know if this is common for these bikes.
  6. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    you must have been in a tide single or on a hill?

90bucks for a New fan from Halls.... i am on my second fan too. We go almost every weekend and cook some "Race ready KTM's " on our tracks.

Well no fan means most of the time ... DNF and sometimes damage on the bike.
  7. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    100 mile ride, nasty hill climb. Not sure it was part of the course, speculation of someone playing with the trial sign. The barb wire mixed I there was a little unexpected twist.
  8. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can find the fans for about $55 on eBay, usually free shipping. Have you checked if it was the fan or the relay?
  9. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fan and relay are good. It is a long story, but I was in a position to need a replacement ecu, the usps lost mine in the mail when I shipped it for a map 3 upgrade. I bought a used ecu, with map 3, that ultimately did not run the fan. It was a BMW ecu. I since have purchased a replacement ecu (new) and confirmed the fan works.
  10. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    couldnt you go to your Husky Dealer for Akropovic Upgrade ? They can do that within 10 min.
  11. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dealer is 2 hours away. He has to have the bike for the upgrade. You don't expect to loose something in the mail until it happens. Water under the bridge now. Worse yet, it wasn't just my ecu but also a friends. Even worse yet, the United States postal service, does absolutely nothing, claims you never sent the claim details, then voids the claim. Try and get them to even answer the phone. Due to high claim traffic it was a two hour expected wait time. Then they usually hang up on you. No wonder they are folding. Can't even track a package.
  12. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is the reason I was inquiring about the 6x add on tuner. I don't want to chance sending the ecu again. Cost me 750 dollars and now a blown head gasket. I ordered an Athena kit, since it was 3 weeks to get oem gaskets in USA. The saga continues.