1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449/511 rear wheel spacers and issue. Any aftermarket available?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mac, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Not having much luck looking for these and OEM are $43 each. Does anyone know of any aftermarket ones available.

Only reason I have an issue is I replaced the front sprocket with a 14 tooth item before last ride which was great but when taking bike off the trailer I noticed the bike was hard to push as the rear wheel was very hard to turn. Pulled wheel off (had to replace tyre anyway) and something has gone very wrong as one of the bearing seals is badly worn and both wheel spacers are marked. One worse than the other and one in an uneven offset manner. Always torque axle to spec. Only thing I can think of is that the Wild Turkey got to me and I somehow stuffed the rear wheel alignment but sprocket wear looks sweet after the 110km ride with the 14t front sprocket. All hastily pulled apart before checking unfortunately..
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Enduring engineering sell spacers I believe fit. I have a few but haven't fitted them yet to knew for sure.
  3. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Thanks Caiman. You're right EE do have them. As per usual nobody has them in stock and Sutto's is the only distributor over here. Might used the hammered ones for now and make an order for them. Did you get the full kit with bearings, seals and spacers or just the spacers on their own?
  4. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
  5. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Thanks mate. Yep shipping is a killer especially with the strengthening USD also!
  6. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Don't remind me of the weak AUD! I've just dropped a bomb on parts for my forks from Euro suppliers, would've been nicer to do it when it was $1.05 not $0.88.

What part of Sydney you in? I might be able to be persuaded to part with a set of spacers (I have a spare set).
  7. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Kills you doesn't it!

Live all the way out in Hawkesbury area and work in Rydalmere. You're a gentleman for the offer but don't want to be putting anyone out! How about yourself?
  8. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Sutho working around the Eastern beaches :P

I'll be out at R&D Husky picking up a clutch pack around 9-930 tomorrow morning.
    Tinken likes this.
  9. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Damn have to do some work in morning. Would have been perfect.

You mean Sutherland yeah? I have to pick up some roof racks from Engadine tomorrow lunch / arvo.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Glad you guys got that sorted. We were supposed to have them made, but have other irons in the fire.
  11. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Haha. I might have to make some Aussie versions in the shop. Those new fuel caps are more important!
    bigmo likes this.
  12. Padowan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R850GS, Yamaha TTR250
    Resurrecting this thread. Does anyone know of any suppliers of wheel spacers, i wouldn't mind replacing both front and rear sets as both have groves worn in. Can't seem to find any that are available for a reasonable price in the uk.

I'm half tempted to find a local machine shop to knock some up for me, maybe out of stainless.