1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310R cut hose

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by AlwynMike, Nov 18, 2014.

1. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 250x, Suzuki GS1000
    Just a heads up guys - I know there have been a few threads on hose wear thanks to the snug petrol tank fit, however, looking over my 2013 TE310R at the weekend, I noticed that the bottom hose from the right hand radiator is chafing on the radiator fan housing, making a nice neat cut.

Short term "remedy" is to cut another hose and put it over the original so that can wear instead of the proper one!
    I'll have to get the tank off and see if I can move the fan a little higher - it only needs about 1/8" to clear.
    The hose won't go down more because it's already on the protective plate on the exhaust.

Luckily, the cut is not down to the braiding yet, so the hose will survive.

Mike
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Yes.... Mine floats that 1/8th in either on the edge of fan housing and edge of valve cover. Was loathe to zip tie it away from the valve cover and tight against the fan.
  3. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 250x, Suzuki GS1000
    That's that issue sorted.
    I wasn't able to move the fan assembly upwards as there isn't enough meat on the bracket to elongate the hole.
    Out with the sharp knife, and shave some off the plastic fan housing so it is now about 1/8" away from the hose, so it shouldn't get close now.

Mike