1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310 silencer/muffler?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by melias24, Jul 22, 2015.

1. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whitsundays region, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Hey guys, so some might know that my 2010 tc250 is too loud to ride around my home. Anyway, i found a 2011 TE310 rear silencer, for $50 AUD (link: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1083901721 ) Anyway, will this fit my 2010 tc250 and will i loose power, or gain power, or will i gain some power in a certain part of the power band, and less in another area.

Also, my Husqvarna is still have the hot start issue, but it's not as bad now, but it's still bloody annoying. Dad bought a shim kit and some new jets for it. Do you think that this could be the fix? Everyone who i ask had said it's the shim, but research seems to show up more people saying the carbie. We went riding a few weekends ago, had a blast, but we rode with an adult the first day, anyways, even he couldn't start it with big, strong kicks, and it did backfire a lot, so he thinks its the shims and so 5+ other people i have asked.

Thanks,
    ~Eluas
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Your TC has a titanium muffler that is quite a bit lighter than the steel pipe you are looking at.
    In fact, I went the other way. I've run a 2010 TC250 pipe on both my 2010 TE250 and 2012 TXC310.

It may be that your TC pipe needs to be repacked, or if you are running it open, which you probably are, stick a TE spark arrestor and circlip in the end and enjoy a quieter bike.

The 2010 TC250 pipe is a nice piece and I would not replace it with the TE double wall boat anchor exhaust.

Usually you may have to lean the jetting a bit when running the SA.

These bikes are notoriously hard to start when the jetting is not perfect, but a TE pipe will affect jetting as well.

OTOH if you are lean already and it sounds like you are, then the SA may make it run better.

Try it out, I bet it starts better too.
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  3. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whitsundays region, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Could shims have something to do with the starting issue?
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you mean valve shims...yes, check your valve clearance!

The TC250 is a hard starter even with the valves perfect.