1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310 electric starter problems???

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Colin23, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Colin23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    gas gas txt pro
    Hi Guys,

My TE310 2009 electric startor stoped working yesterday! I took the bike out for a spin and stoped to talk to some one and when I tried to start it wouldnt I mean no noise no nothing..... I had issues with the starter kicking in and out while trying to start it before but now nothing..... I chased everthing back to the box/relay beside the battery the one that holds the 2 blade fuses so I crossed the terminals with a screw driver and the starter motor works and bike starts? any help on the problem??

I think this could be the problem?
    20140917_195539.jpg
    Chees guys
    Regards,
    Colin
  2. Colin23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    gas gas txt pro
    I also came accross this lone wire as well, it seems that the starter switch wires loop on to this fellow, but I dont know where he should be?
    20140917_193820.jpg
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    if you shorted the starter relay from the outside and all worked well. it is a component of the control side of the relay , the relay coil, the start button, the ground from the coil or lack of 12vdc to the coil.
    From my many times starter issues experience it is most likely the starter relay itself. see other posts on this I even found a suzuki part thats 1/2 price of the husky relay that is the same fit and spec except the positive bus is swapped- these relays are industry standard construction and shape. Anyway get a new relay, its a good item to have handy anyway. between 2011 TE310 and 2013 TXC310R I went through like 4 relays if I remember right. I opened 2 of them to see what they looked like and the main contacts were burned up big time. at least one other had the coil itself open.
    Colin23 likes this.
  4. Colin23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    gas gas txt pro
    Thanks robertaccio, so I take it that the frist picture I posted up is the starter relay? I cant find any part number for it....... nor can I find a good place to buy huskey items eather!