1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310 Carbon Fiber mid pipe heat shield pictures?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by reveille, Apr 9, 2014.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I am looking for pictures of the Husky hard parts cabon fiber mid pipe heat shield for a late model TE310. I called Hall's and Bill's and it seems they have been discontinued. I have an aftermarket exhaust and didn't think I needed a heat shield on it but the holes in my riding pants seem to disagree.;) The OEM heat shield has 2 holes with bolts that threaded into welded bungs on the stock mid pipe but I don't have them on the new pipe. I plan to build my own version with fiberglass but need a template picture to get started. If anyone has one installed or laying around, please post up a picture or 2 if you have time. Thanks

P.S. If you have one and no longer intend to use it, I may be interested in buying it from you.
    [IMG]
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    OK. I started looking through the 4 stroke picture thread and found this. This is what I am looking for. If anyone has a close up or better picture please add to this thread. Thanks
    [IMG]
  3. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 150 XC, F800GT, S2R1000
    Damn, I just asked the same question on the "2013 TXC/TE 310R" thread where RMGSXR has some photos of it on his bike, a TE 310R.

Should have read your post first as I need this part too.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I found another picture. Best one yet.
    [IMG]
  5. Par4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 250
    Only decent picture of the one I use.

heat.JPG
    ZMCCOY and reveille like this.
  6. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Par4: Yeah, that's it.

May I ask where you got yours and its part number?

Thanks.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Ya that's the one but it seems they are like the Sasquach, rarely spotted these days. Sounds like SP ain't making more for us poor schlubs
  8. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm a bit confused by Pro Circuit. Why include to bungs on the end of the midpipe for a heat shield that neither they or anyone else seems to offer?

From the above photos it's clear that the carbon guard doesn't mount to Pro Circuit's bungs either.

In comparing the parts fiche (Drawing 29 & 29A), the TC250 appears to use a different heat shield: 8000-H5396 vs 8000-H7316 for the 310. On Hall's website the TC part comes up as "STAINLESS STEEL HEAT SHIELD" for $81.50. The shield for the 310 ("HEAT PROTECTION") is $23.50.

After calling Hall's I was told the TC250 is a MX bike and doesn't have a heat shield. I didn't want argue the man but the parts fiche clearly shows one.

However, without my asking he mentioned the carbon fiber guard and said that's what they use and recommend. They do not have any in stock but said more are on order, took my name & number, said they'd give me a call. He did not quote an exact price but mentioned they sell for a little over $100.00.

I suspect the TC part would fit the Pro Circuit pipe and that one could also modify hose clamps to mount it on the FMF or any pipe without bungs for a heat shield. I'm tempted to call Pro Circuit and see what they say but at this point I'm content to give Hall's a few weeks to come through and muddle along without one in the mean time.
  9. Sceep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '94 st1100
    i dont know if this helps you at all, but here is my aluminum one. it only mounts to one bolt, and clips over the subframe.

no idea brand was on the bike when i got it.
    Untitled.png
  10. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats a standard Husky 2010 450 (amongst others) stainless guard.
    I use it on TXC310R with Leo Vince Pipe. Works good and is cheap !
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    FMF and P3 both make hose clamp style standoff hardware for heat shield mounting. Perhaps you could pick up a couple of those and use them to mount the stock shield?
  12. Par4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 250

The Part number is 8000H4102 for the one I have. I am sure I purchased it from Hall's. I have seen the original equipment shield used by welding standoffs on the new pipe, and by using hose clamp standoffs on the pipe. Both ways seem easy to get done for less money than I paid for this carbon fiber guard.
  13. Par4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc 250
  14. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Par4, thank you for the part number for the carbon fiber guard - have placed order for one with Hall's. I think it was about $105.00

As for using clamps and stand-offs, that would certainly be less expensive. I don't have my bike or original shield in front of me at the moment but if memory serves it seems the Pro Circuit silencer starts closer to towards the front of the bike. At install I remember thinking when just trying place the shield into position that I would have to remove quite a bit of material from the end to make it fit (even if the holes had lined up).

Admittedly not an difficult task and if it were the dead of winter I might be more inclined. But from the looks of that part I'll happily concede that better minds with access to better equipment at Husky have sorted this problem nicely. With perfect weather upon us I'd rather be riding than wrenching (cutting, filing, etc.). Between modifying it and ruggedizing it I've only managed to put 300 miles on her thus far.

Again, thank you for the part number!
  15. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    That is weird, my FMF exhaust came with OEM style holes for the stock heat shield.
  16. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I've had that part on backorder from Hall's for 5 weeks now...

I need it to go with the Meo replica exhaust (an OEM part, you'd think they'd ship it with a shield...)
  17. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

So did mine on the mid pipe, but the header did not have them. Looks like others have the opposite with the nuts welded on the header, and not the mid pipe. Strange.
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Ya well it is FMF we are talking about. Not the best company around these days...
  19. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    When I called Hall's they made it sound like they weren't expecting any orders for them to be coming in, at least in my lifetime. I ended up buying 2 stainless hose clamps and welding 6mm nuts to them and using the OEM shield. If a carbon one becomes available I may still be interested but probably not.
  20. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I noticed the angle that FMF header makes the pipe sits in tighter to the chassis, so I have not had any burn issues without a heat shield. So far even under tough conditions, my boots/pants have not made contact with the header pipe.