1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310 2012 new piston

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mr_extreme112, Sep 15, 2018.

1. mr_extreme112 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 12
    Hello,
    i´m going to change the Piston on my 310 this winter, but dont really know which one i should put in. As far as i can see there are only Wössner, Prox or original Pistons available, i think the Wössner would be my best choice? Ran them in my 2 stroke, never had any problems. What do you think? Did the redhead 310´s get a upgraded piston? Would that be an "upgrade" or do i need the rest as well?
    Moritz
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'd get any one you can get at a good price.

How many miles/hours on your motor now?
  3. mr_extreme112 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 12
    When i change it there will be about 125h on the engine, but pretty hard riding. I would say almost MX style. I just want to make sure that i dont destroy everything in my engine, Piston is around 180€, Timing chain 40€, i think its a lot cheaper than replacing everything. Do you think thats excessive? I mean if i look at those slipper-pistons i cant belive they even last as long as they do.

Edit: To be clear i bought the bike with 70h, but i dont have any clue what type of riding my previous owner did. Could be rolling around with 3k rpm or hitting the rev limiter all the time :D
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've never heard of a piston self destructing in these motors.

if it runs good and does not smoke or rattle I'd leave it alone.

I'd be more concerned about the crank in about 200 hrs., but that requires a case splitting.