1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE310 '11 Light/Indicator Switch Connectors

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bfalcao, Nov 4, 2016.

1. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get the wiring connectors of the handlebar light/indicator/horn switch? I want to change the switch without having to cut the current wires...
    Many thanks in advance. $_57.jpg
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Your picture is not the best to determine the number of pins, type etc... but this looks sorta like yours for $0.99usd (order 2; you'll need extra pins guaranteed)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Way-2-8mm...ash=item43e83c791b:g:M9EAAOSwKtlWljHv&vxp=mtr

[IMG]

If that's not it, try searching for the cheap chinese turn sig switches that are wired the same and cut the wires off and use that.

btw, that ebay search took all of 20 seconds.
  3. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. Perhaps it was my fault not describing the thing properly... I want the OEM Husqvarna's 9-pin connectors, exactly the same used in the TE310 for the light switch.

Btw, I searched intensively before posting!
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    that's what I was commenting on- nobody can see what the connector you're interested in looks like. I just guessed at "6-pins". [edit: I'm saying that you need a better picture of the connector; not the switch]

you're not gonna get this thing through husky (I guess you realize that); somebody is gonna recognize the connector on some other application- possibly.

(do not discount the chinese switch idea- hacking the connectors off one of those might be cheap.)

[IMG]
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    did you ever find your connector? let people know (supplier & cost etc)
  6. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310

Sorry for such a late reply, but I was waiting the arrival of the order...

After extensive research, I was unable to find the exact same connector (original seems to be from "Domino" brand, at least the switch is from them), so ordered a pair of chinese connectors from eBay (see photo). They are waterproof and of great quality. Cost was around 1.25€/each.

At the moment, my idea is to replace the OEM connectors (see photo) with the chinese ones (both ends, wiring harness and switch), and do the same on the new switch (KTM style). This way, I can interchange between switches (if I ever need to do it) like plug-and-play.

Btw, it's a 8 pin connector, not 9 as I initially stated..

Chinese connector
    connector.jpg

OEM switch-side connector
    IMG_1032.JPG
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    domino is an italian plastics manufacture- your bike probably has a ton of stuff from them. all big and small connector manufactures are in china now (AMP, Molex etc). BTW, I like and use your new connector (DIN spec IIRC) but if you've never done them before- you're going have some issues. Order another one just for the pins... for mistakes. look on youtube for instructions; but you're still going to have issues.

another solution: buy the 9-connector plug set. take your 8 wires, with the crimped connectors already on them, out of the broke shell and insert them into the new shell, leaving one space blank. grease. hint: typically male connectors (pins) go in the female shell. also: solve the strain problem also that caused your connector to break.

your original connector can still be used: clean it (!), connect it and put a zip tie around the long axis to hold both halves together. also solve the strain problem that cause the connector to break in the first place. and use grease (dielectric is best) on all 4 ends of that connector.

for best results: try these solutions in reverse order; it's hard to go back after you've cut the connectors off.

good luck.

ps- the dirt in your connector is brought in by water. use grease on all 4 ends AND the pins themselves.
  8. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Many thanks for the tips!! ;) I already used similar connectors (2 pin, 3 pin, and 4 pin) and yes, it can be tricky!

Btw, let me explain something... The connectors are not broken. I just need to replace the bulky overly wide OEM switch to free space so that I can install my rally navigation controls (roadbook swicth, ICO/odometer switch) and at the same time having a headlight switch (just for lights, not using the indicators at the moment). This is depicted in the photo... from top to bottom: headlight ktm style switch, ICO remote, roadbook switch.

20845_14704_s.jpg