1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Te300 overheating

Discussion in '2st' started by CCF Racing, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CCF Racing Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Yz 250
    Hi all, i have a 2016 te300 that has been overheating lately after a few minutes of tight slow single track. I have the thermostat bypass and it still overheats. Shaved head and Lectron carb are the only mods
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Would look into a radiator fan!
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I wouldn't think a fan would be needed. Seems a fan would band aid underlying issues. I've never had one on my 15 and it still has the thermostat. I ride tons of single track at a lot of different elevations and wide range of temps and never had an issue. Possible light lean condition at low throttle? Don't know to much about the lectron and how they work. Has it ever been an issue before?
  4. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I would also recommend the water pump impeller that slavens has to offer.... much better unit than stock. Here is a picture of it.

IMG_0061.JPG
    NCSteve, steadydirt and hakkalugi like this.
  5. CCF Racing Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Yz 250
    Thanks guys, I think ive figured it out, blown headgasket. I ordered the Slavens water pump impeller a few days ago. Also a fan is on the list! Ive never had overheating issues and ive pre ran the Baja 500 with this bike and it was over 100f outside.
  6. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Didnt know those had a thermostat, could be the problem right there. Looks like those stock wp fans are plastic, could have lost a couple 'teeth' resulting in poor circulation.
  7. CCF Racing Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Yz 250
    yeah they do, ive heard the mx version doesnt but i have not checked. My impeller was in good shape but im replacing it anyway.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  8. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    The design itself is quite poor and I swapped after my bike getting very warm before a race the first year I had it. Only had about 30 hours on it. Apparently then can warp if the bike has gotten hot too. I just went on the side of caution and ditched the factory one and never looked back. Haven't had an issue since. Just seemed like a smart upgrade. Robertaccio had a thread at one point on bulletproofing the cooling system on his. I'd also recommend a decent quality coolant.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  9. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
  10. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Glad you got it all sorted! These 300s are just awesome machines. I'm amazed at how well they hold up. I have ridden the hell outta mine through a lot of crap and it just seems to perform flawlessly under any circumstance I've thrown at it.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you can add waterless coolant as well, Evans or ZipTy XF2 in your bulletproofing quest. mine has the alloy impeller, XF2 coolant and cool blue hoses. Never needed a fan so far, but also I leave my oem louvers on and use EE radiator frame type guards.
  12. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Ya I'm using the 7602 guards with the own louvers. Will definitely be switching to waterless coolant at some point.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run a Trail Tec Rad Fan which bolts right on and plugs into stock harness on my 2016 TE 300 Done King of the Moto 2 times and Last dog standing in the middle of June at over 100 and my temp has never got over 190 The fan will come on for about 15 seconds and it is then back to 170 Rest of the bike is stock

Call Jason at Trail Tec and never worry again
    CCF Racing and robertaccio like this.
  14. CCF Racing Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Yz 250
    I always use Evans!
  15. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    just did a search for hot running 300's; found this- thinking the lectron makes them run hotter-better fuel economy =more heat. will get that impeller thanks for this