1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE250 - Differences between '14's & '17's?

Discussion in '2st' started by Missin44, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Missin44 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Looking for differences/improvements over past 3 years?
    Thanks
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Counter balanced engine on 17s, aer or xplor forks (depending on model) which they say are massively better than regular 4cs, mikuni carb and not to sure about the rest. 14-16 mostly the same. Big changes came for 17
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    14-16 pretty much same end of the former evolution bikes, which are great.
    17 and on are the new generation platform, new chassis, new engine, new everything which are a raise the bar again series of machines.
    dirt addict likes this.
  4. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    what Robert said. The 14-16 are great bikes (very easy to jet and cover a wide spread of elevation / temp changes ). The 17's are refined versions ( except for the problematic mikuni carb )
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    i have only 2 test evolutions with my Mikuni carb and I really dont think its a problem, the issue is how it came from factory. #1 float height way too high. Despite the internet mindset of this carb as fail Its been around for quite while and this carb has won numerous mx bike shootouts when it was on YZ125s and other Japanese MX bikes so the carb is fine it just needs better set up both from OEM and of course for personal needs and location
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I guess the only thing with mx is it's generally all or nothing(throttle wise) especially on 125s so average fuelling at 1/8-1/4 throttle maybe not so important? Fuel economy not really an issue with mx either.
    raylesk likes this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mikuni carb is a matter of opinion....on the red bikes halls never changed them out and neither did I...bikes always ran fine to me and I'm fussy....no fouled plugs..no burndowns etc....17 as everyone says..much refined... The old 4cs fork with a basic revalve was fine I thought.. Seat height seems lower on the new chassis...17 comes with gripper seat 15 came with a slipper seat... No map switch on my 17 tc 15 had one...17 has hour meter..17 ergos feels pretty good but the 15,did as well...front fender seems less goofy on the 17...counterbalanced engine is a game changer and probably will help resale..think they have improved the estart as well. I was really comfortable on my 15 tc but think I'm liking the 17 better...its lighter does not vibrate and is app a half inch lower..seems like mikuni carb may have slightly easier throttle pull over the old carb....or at least the older (k) carbs on gassers..
    robertaccio and dartyppyt like this.