1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Te150 Range?

Discussion in '2st' started by ChrisNJ, Mar 5, 2020.

1. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    My TE150 is doing it's first enduro this weekend. 1st section is 37 miles. I'm I gonna make it?
    I think it should, just asking.
    Thx.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I race a 2017 Husky TC150 in endure and desert I get about 20 mpg where ever I go
  3. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    So with a 2.6g tank, that should get me approx. 50miles. I've replaced the Mikuni with a Keihin, which some have said are slightly more efficient, I don't know. It certainly made it run a lot better. We'll see Sunday. I'll report after.
    Thanks Ajax.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I also run a Keihin what a difference I also run 13/52 everywhere from tight endure to desert
  5. Crojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 400cr, 2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA, Honda, Kawasaki,
    for the Keihin, did you guys go for a 36 PWK pr a 38? I ride almost all tight mtn/woods single track.
    also is 13/52 higher or lower gearing.

Thanks!
  6. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    Hey guys, turns out I guess a bunch of riders complained about the 37 mile to first gas, so they put another gas truck at 11, so I filled up there too. Based on my rough calcs, it would have easily made 37.
    I put the Keihin 38 on it. It made the bike awesome and completely different. It actually comes of the bottom now with no downshifting. I experimented with longer gearing and went 14-52 (3.71:1) so I could share my spare wheel I use with my 350. It pulls the gearing just fine.
    My results were awesome. Best enduro finish I've had in over 10 years. 80th out of 430 riders, and 60th out of 130 A riders. I entered A200, but I would have been around 4-5th in A Super Sr. My average A finish the past 5 years has been 10th+ in class. I absolutely love this bike more than any other bike I've had in 20 years.
    Granted I've been training more than the last 5 years as well, but this 200lb bike, and how it has manageable power has got me riding great.
    I have to add that I have a right hand handicap. I lost a nerve in my right arm 25 years ago in a roadracing accident, and only my two outside fingers work, along with very weak wrist muscles (they atrophied with no nerve signal). So I can whisky throttle pretty easy.
    The 350 was awesome for my handicap cause it didn't have a hit, but this 150 has changed the game even better for me, and I'm 54 now.
    My son also races a 150 and I told him to ride his and mine back to back. He came back "wholly crap dad, this thing feels like a 250 on the bottom!" and he got the Keihin too. He also likes my gearing better (less shifting now) and is doing that too.
    BTW: a 14 front sprocket won't fit easily because the chain guard is too close, so I shaved the crap out of, and it just fits. My son can go 13-48 to accomplish the same ratio though. He doesn't have a spare wheel to consider.
    Thanks.
  7. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    BTW Crojack, I just noticed you are in OR. I have a house in Idaho as well and almost everyone I ride with has 300's or 350's. This 150 is now so dam good that I just got a leftover '19 for my ID place too, as I'm convinced it can work great there now too, and save me 50lbs from my 350.
    Crojack likes this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I weight my 2016 Husky TE 300 all dressed out ready to ride against my 2017 Husky TC 150 also all dressed out ready to ride and the 150 was 38 pounds lighter yes 38 pounds lighter then a 300
    Crojack and NH-JP like this.
  9. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    Wow, didn't think it would be that much difference. So my 150 vs my 350 all dressed out is probably more like 60lbs!!! It certainly is apparent. I've also used the analogy it feels like a mountain bike.
    I had a little tip over late in the enduro and the bike was over center. When picking it up, it was tough and I said to myself, "how the hell did I do this with my 350", haha....
  10. Crojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 400cr, 2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA, Honda, Kawasaki,
    Congrats on the race and the finish! Where was it? I'm hoping to hit a few races this year.

Sounds like the 38 is the way to go? I definitely need better on/off throttle fueling, especially at lower speeds. Might go one tooth up on the rear as well?

11. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    I'm running East Coast Enduro Assocation: Enduro's and hare scrambles this year. The race was called Greenbrier Enduro in Port Elizabeth, NJ, home to most of the Lafferty's.
    Mike Lafferty came out for a joy ride, entered the dual sport class, I guess so he didn't take points away from guys doing the whole series, and still spanked everyone, by far.
    NH-JP likes this.
  12. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    The Greenbrier is a great race!
    I made it down for that one a few years ago.
    Definitely more difficult without having cut bars !
  13. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    They said is was going to be 'the section from hell', so we were expecting 4-6 miles of ignorant tight, but it was approx. a mile of ignorant tight. Wasn't too bad, but I grin when that stuff happens, love it. When I was a C rider I used to cry in that stuff...... My buddies were all A's and laughed at me, but kept pushing me.
    Unfortunately, I can't cut my bars down cause i need the little extra leverage the stock bars give me cause of my bad right hand/arm. I guess I could cut just the right side down but that would be weird, haha.... And yeah it was tough getting through some of it, but my new favorite 200lb mountain bike was a big help.
    Thx.
    I see you have a Hurricane, I started roadracing on an '86, I think it was the first year for it? What an awesome bike that was. My first full novice season, I won 23 of 25 races on it. I got my RR license up at the old Loudon, NH. Let's see if I can figure out how to load a picture. If you see it then I figured it out. Chris roadrace 1991.jpg Chris roadrace 1991.jpg
  14. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 GasGas 300XC, 2002 Rokon
    Remember that the 2020 150 TEI weighs 17-19 lbs more because of the fuel infection. I can't feel the extra weight. Sure love the POWER!

15. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have a 2018 TE 150 w/ Rekluce clutch, Lectron carb, head isert 13-48 gearing. Just put a Pro Circuit Works pipe on it with 296 spark arresster. Wow what a difference. With stock tank at 60 to 1 Amzoil I can get 100 miles in the desert and that's with stock gearing.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do not understand how you guys are happy with the tall gearing you put on.
    My Tc is geared 13/52 yes my first and second are higher then a TE but 3rd is the same and my 4, 5 and 6th are lower then a TE Yet I will race a Sprint endure or a desert race same gearing no problem
    You can see in some of my videos I am not reving it out anywhere
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNhqKIfV-jI&t=9s

Here is a short video from by my house
  17. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

From what I saw in your video, I see why your gearing works? for you. With what mods I've done to my bike it hauls my fat ass around in the desert, woods and on a MX track
  18. ChrisNJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    Ajax, Re: lower gearing. I guess after the Keihin change I couldn't believe how much more bottom it has now. confirmed by my son as well. So I had an old set (14-52, 3.71:1) lying around and just tried it for shits and giggles. The bike still pulled out of tight 1st-2nd gear turns from the bottom, and I instantly noticed less shifting.
    FYI stock 13-50 = 3.84:1. Can accomplish same lower gearing with 13-48 (3.7:1). I love it, adn can still climb my steepest stuff lugging it.
    Keep in mind that our riding areas are much different than your pic. We are riding tight/dense woods, turning every 10-50 ft, from 1st gear stuff to sweepers, but almost never straight. My 2.5 mile practice loop has approx. 100 turns in it (I counted in my brain), with maybe 100-200ft elevation change. I'll post a pic if I remember.
    Hell, I was riding past my little practice hill climb, and said, nope it will never do it (my 350 easily does it if I do my part), cause no run-up room, etc... That's why it's practice for me. It's a short steep piece, almost as steep as some of the northern rockies stuff I have ridden. I sometime don't even make it on the 350 cause it's tough. But the new-improved 150 with keihin and 14-52 crawled right up, LUGGING it I wasn't planning on lugging it, started higher R's, but if you go for a gear you could be in trouble, and it lugged up. If ya mess up, that section is all sharp jagged rocks and could punch through a side case easy. Punched through my 350 mag cover once.
  19. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

I run mine at 13-48, works fine in tight woods, hills and desert.