1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE150 - difference between 17 and 18 jetting

Discussion in '2st' started by Crojack, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Crojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 400cr, 2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA, Honda, Kawasaki,
    I have a 17 TE150 that I'm loving. Has fmf exhaust, stock pipe. I've read that some people have put in 18 jetting. Does anyone have the differences between the two years?

I get a slight hesitation right when getting on 1/4 throttle or so, which is right coming out of a turn, etc. on the trails. i ride mostly single track, wooded, mountains out here in the NW.

Thinking it's the needle? Maybe air screw? Jetting is good elsewhere, but I know it can be cleaner right there coming into the midrange. Don't think it's enough to change pilot, but maybe? Or would it be the power valve?

Also, anyone changed out the reeds to Boysen or V-Force? If so, what are your thoughts?

Not looking to change the whole carb either.

Thanks!
  2. oldkoot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125/165
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX200 kdx220 kx250f rz350 ht1-b90
    FYI Boysen does not make one for the 150. Good luck after a year I am going to a Keihin.
  3. tahoeacr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 '17
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM,Vertigo,Honda,Husaberg
    JD jet kit and the red spring. My 17 runs awesome. Stock reeds. Took them out and they have a gap. Filed it a little but didn't really make it any better. Ran well before and runs well now.
  4. Crojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 400cr, 2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA, Honda, Kawasaki,
    I was wondering about the JD kit. Does it change all the jets? And how big a difference is the red spring to the yellow spring? Does the motor hit higher or lower with the red, or is it different across the rev range?
  5. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985

A gap on your reed gage will not hurt your performance.
    It takes very little back pressure to close off and seat the reeds and a small gap will actually help on intake on small displacement engines.

Years ago we used to use two stage reeds for this purpose.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2017 TC 125 that I but a 2016 style Keihen carb that I got thru Zip Ty Racing it comes pre jetted with the JD jet set up

ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED Just install and ride Also but the vForce reeds in it Bike works great From tight single track to big hill climbs to wide open desert

Have now race 2 National Hare and Hounds with good results
  7. Burton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    I agree the Keihin is a much better set up for this bike. I though I had my 150 running well with the Mikuni after fitting an RK tek head, 5.75 slide and V force. The Keihin has taken bike to next level.

I
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It was so simple ordered the carb from zip ty it comes with the JD already installed I put it on the bike and never touched a thing. While most are spending time trying to make the Mikuni work I am out riding

Price was cheap and the extra time I get to ride is price less