1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE/TXC 449/ 511 Motominder hour meter installation

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by teuchter, Jun 17, 2013.

1. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
    I installed my moto minder hour meter a while back and wanted to share how I did it - hard wire method.

First I disconnected the battery earth, installed the hour meter at the back of the airbox under the seat and removed the plug for the fuel pump relay located located on the left hand side of the bike behind the radiator fan.
    photo.JPG
    I then removed the blue w/ green stripe wire (not to be confused with green w/ blue stripe wire ha ha) using a small zip tie tip.
    photo2.JPG
    I then soldered the red wire from the moto minder to the blue/green wire (fuel pump power supply 12v), attached the black motomonder wire to the battery -ve terminal and put it all back together.
    photo1.JPG Wiring.jpg
    Works great.
    Normann likes this.
  2. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Trail Tech has one that's a tachometer to, has a 7 year battery no cutting into or soldering wires... Costs about $40
  3. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
    The motominder has 2 install options, solder or wrap the red wire around the ignition coil. I couldn't make it work consistently by wrapping around the ignition coil, plus you have to unwrap/re-wrap every time you remove the coil or plug if you want the wires tidy. This method is actually easier than messing around with the coil wrap, and I'm not the best at soldering!
    Londin likes this.
  4. Mr.Technical Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 - 06 SMR450 sold :(
    I followed this proceedure and the motominder seems to work however my speedo is jumping up to 500kmph and then to 0kmph constantly. A related problem or Something dofferent?
  5. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
    Unlikely to be related unless the new hour meter wires run close to the speedo wires and are causing interference owing to the lack of shielding. Make sure you have adequate clearance between the new wires and the existing speedo wires.
  6. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've been running mine in the same manner on 3 of my bikes, 2011 TC449, 2013 TC449, and 2012 TXC511. No issues and they hold up great.
    Normann likes this.