1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE triple clamp offset

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Dec 4, 2008.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Best I can figure the stock TE's have a 25mm clamp offset and I've been using a 24mm Honda clamp that really seems to have no effect on the steering. I've been thinking of trying a 20mm offset clamp, but the Husky carries a lot of weight on the front wheel, more than other bikes in it's class.

Think that would cause more of a problem than improvemet ?

Is the offset of the TC and TXC's the same as the TE ?
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    What year TE? What kind of improvements are you looking for?
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    '08, better cornering in the tight stuff.
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

where are the forks positon in the triple clamps?

what front tire are you using?

rear sag?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, I've moved the forks up and down and played with with the sag. I got the sag set to where I liked the rear suspension action the best then moved the forks up and down to get the front right. I was at 3 lines above the clamp.

I installed the 24mm Honda clamps, Showa TC forks and set the axle at the same distance from the top clamp as it was with the Zooks, plus 5mm for the extra clamp height.

I have a set of 20mm clamps that I was thinking of trying, but wondered what the TC's run. I like the way it's working, but was wondering if I can get more without getting a lot of high speed head shake that you can get from running the rake to steep, like when you slide the forks down too much.

I've been running PIRELLI tires in both 20 and 21 inch sizes. 32's, 83's and 454's.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Did a little more meassuring and found that the fork lugs on the SHOWA give about 4mm less offset than the Zooks. So, that's about 5mm less offset total. Going to the 20mm clamps might be too much.
  9. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    There used to be a guy that designed the "rekluse E-Axel" but his handel on the Orange site was Husky510. ? I have an e-axel on a orange bike and its awesome- Recluse does not seem to sell them for Husky? but that would be the ticket- maybe Husky510 has them for a husky, but he's probably drinken margarita's now after selling the patent. Or the part may work with your Honda forks- ? give Recluse a call. just another option and is adjustable (5 minutes). I want one if I can for my next bike (hopefully a te or txc 450).:cheers:
    http://www.rekluse.com/E-axles.html
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

Nice. Did not know they existed.

:thumbsup:
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    yea- pretty cool, you can adjust trail (which is unique) coupled with raising/lowering the fork tubes it gives you more adjustment. Like if you raise your tubes you loose some stability, you can add stability then with the e-axle and vice versa- I have my fork tubes set basically stock and have the E-axle set to -2.

I have bee curious if one of their modesl will work with Huskys...

Motorhead- what honda forks do you have?

did you use the husky axle and wheel? maybe this will work or you or all of husky's?
    Honda 02+ CR125/250; CRF250R; CRF450R uses this e-Axle RMS2710 part #, if you have a set up off one of those it seems this e=axle would work for you, and maybe for other huskies that don't have honda forks if the same stock axle works... ? call rekluse to find out for sure though...

by the way motorhead, ever get your efi set up right?
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I have '06 CRFX forks on the TE. Right now I'm working on getting the Husky wheel and brake back on it with the Showa, but I've been running a complete Honda front end. That was the easiest way to get it going. I didn't want to put to much into it at first, because I wanted to see how I liked it before I made a bunch of spacers and stuff. Looks like I might have to make a caliper hanger, too.

I think I've got the EFI settings pretty good, but it just shuts down sometime for no reason. Still working on that.

I'm also working on getting it to start like these other guys bikes. I'm getting the worst start because this thing won't fire up. I wasn't sure how the auto decompression worked ( there is nothing in the shop manual about it ) but one of the guys on here set me straight and I'm about to dig into that also.