TE 630 stopped running after a fall?

Discussion in '610/630' started by XLEnduroMan, Jun 13, 2015.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Maybe I can get some help with this. I had my front end wash out and I slid my TE 630 on the left hand side for 20 feet or so. Besides some scrapes, every thing looked intact and OK. I turned off the key before I picked up the bike. I could hear the fuel pump prime when I turned on the key, a click under the seat, and the speedo blacking out when I hit the starter. I bumped started it and it fired but wouldn't take any throttle. It would pop and puke at anything other then idle. Also the fuel light was on when it was running. The day ended with me being towed out to an extraction point and waiting for my friend to ride home and come back with his truck. It sucked. So far I have replaced the 20a fuse on the starter relay, checked the battery (it's good) and plugged it in to iBeat but found no faults, nothing. I also shined a flashlight in the tank and could see the fuel pump is in place and well below the fuel line.

I really don't want to start pulling parts of off the g/f's TE 630 to swap for diagnosis. Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I'm assuming you've got the powerup and don't still have the O2 sensor in place?

Also, check the cold start lever cable, make sure it's seated properly and isn't tight.

Have you disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnected it?
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Update. The problem is my battery shat the bed. It reads good on the ohm meter checking volts, but the amps must be toast. I dropped in a different battery and it fired right up. I don't understand why it shat when it did, after laying it down on basically a fire road. It fired right up and ran strong all day through the narliest stuff I ever put it through. Lesson learned, thank you Dan for the insight.