TE 610 with JD Jetting Power Surge 6X

Discussion in '610/630' started by rjdenya, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    did you look here? Even an interactive app to let you see what it does.

http://jdjetting.com/html/faq.htm#demo
  2. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any TE 610 owners out there thinking $200 buck is not worth trying one of these tuners and only 630 need them... YOU ARE WRONG! I just put a tuner in my 09 TE 610 and it's a completely different bike! The throttle response is amazing and it pulls so much better! I really thought the 610 was pretty good with PU/pipe and a few other mods, but I was wrong. Try it! The best $200 you will spend on your bike! + if you don't like it, you can return it.
  4. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Really? JD has a full money back trial period? How long do you get? I've really wanted to try one but afraid it will kill my mpg and I won't be happy.

Can anybody give specific numbers for their pre and post JD Tuner mpg?

_
  5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I can't tell you MPG pre-JD, but I measured it the other day with ~100miles and got right at 40mpg, with most of that being 70mph+ highway, or blasting up to that with a few twisties thrown in.

On average I will get just over 110 miles before the low fuel light comes on, at which point I've got about .6 gallons left in the tank. That is on my normal commutes of in-town with a bit of highway. If I head to the mountains, I end up getting about 36-38mpg, because the extra fuel I use on the way up is made up in all the engine braking on the way down...

This is with a 630SMS, stock gearing, PU'd, Opened cans and airbox and JD tuner.
  6. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Hi guys i have a SMS 630 which is running Arrows Exhausts with ECU,and PU kit.I am looking at buying a JD Tuner soon and want to mod my air box.What are other people using for the air box.Last time i had cover off i noticed a black platic tube inside,does this need removing and anything else.I am in the UK.
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Is the "tube" more of a flat plate with some squiggles on the back side, like this?

[IMG]

If so, yank that sucker out and drill some 1-1.5" holes in the bottom of the airbox and around the snorkel area...
  8. southy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMX250
    I am also looking at getting the JD tuner for my TE610 to see if it perks it up a bit. I have added a Barrett pipe, got dealer to do PU and reset TPS and gone down to a 14T front sprocket. It has plenty of torque but just feels too lazy when I crack the throttle. I would like more snap to be able to lift the front over obstacles easier. In second gear shouldn't have to clutch a 570cc bike to get the front up.

When the JD is fitted I will open up the air box some more.
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's what they told me. If I didn't like it in 30 days send it back. Then he told me no one ever returns them. Mpg will depend how much proformance you program. You can turn it into a fire breathing dragon or just make it so it's not lean. Great value, great tech support, great service, great mod!
  10. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Man I love that Red/Blue setting! All the guys that say the carbed 610s are faster... Not anymore!
  11. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630

i am sure mine hasnt this fitted in the air box,but there is a black plastic tube fixed by self tappers screws.Is this the trumpet thingy folks are on about.What about these square filter housings i have seen on here folks have fitted.Are they good,price and where can i get one.
  12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Oh ok, you mean the "Snorkel" out the rear of the airbox? Most SM riders remove this and drill additional holes in the airbox and protect them with a mesh or screen. I wouldn't recommend this if you plan on any serious off-roading.
    As for the square pre-filter you mentioned, that's the EHS pre-filter
  13. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Yep thats it the snorkel.Only using bike on the road,its a SMS.At the minute i am running PU kit,Arrows with Ecu.Would it be beneficial to remove it now.Later on when i have a few more miles i am fitting EHS PRE Filter and a JD Tuner.
  14. DIRTBIKE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 CR 250, 98 WR 250 2T, 2011 LE140
    Hey guys after installing Barrett pipe, power up kit, EHS pre filter and JD Tuner i still cant get rid of the surge when applying throttle after decelerating or cruising. Also when i start the bike cold and start to ride it surges worse and will cut out if you dont blip the throttle or just hold the revs up when stopping etc. I swear to god i must have tried just about every combination with the jd tuner settings but cant seem to get it right, what settings have you guys found to fix the surgeing issue?.

Another thing i find a bit odd is my jd tuner does'nt have the green light for idle or low rpm adjustments but has an orange light or at least what looks like an orange light since there is yellow and red in the led when the mode is selected. Ever seen or heard of this.
  15. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Somethings not right. You should have green all alone. I would call JD direct and ask them. Is this a 610 or 630? Did you try iradium spark plug?
  16. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Have you set your yellow-blue setting down to 2 ? That was the biggest thing to smooth out the surging for me. It brings in the yellow setting sooner. It will only have an effect if the yellow setting is higher than your green setting, though.
  17. DIRTBIKE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 CR 250, 98 WR 250 2T, 2011 LE140
    Its an 08 TE 610 and i hav'nt tried an iridium plug yet. What brand/plug do you suggest i use when going iridium?
    Yeah tried the yellow/blue at 2 with mixed results, whats funny is sometimes i start the bike cold and ride it and it runs and goes fine with the settings where they are but most of the time it will surge and try cut out until warmed up. Seems to be worse when the air temp is cooler like when i ride to work in the morning etc. Hopefully i can get some feedback on why i have the orange led's and not the green led's or at least find out if i have the correct tuner for the 610. The packet the tuner came in states it is suitable for the 449/511/610/630 so as far as i know its the right one for the job.
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Could just be a faulty JD then, haven't ever heard of one being bad :/
    The fact that it's worse in cool air sounds like you're still lean in one or more ranges. Do you have any popping on decel with engine braking?
  19. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Iridium / NGK # CR8EIX
  20. zoomdude57 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200XC-W
    Suprisingly no drop in my mpg after installing the tuner as I get low 50s under normal conditions and mid to upper 40s when off road. Off idle fueling greatly improved and noticeable increase in acceleration and throttle response.