TE 610 help please

Discussion in '610/630' started by Hooligan, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Hooligan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610/SM
    image.jpg

I have an 09 TE 610 with 12k on it. Since I bought it this summer I've had oil? Or something coming out of this
    Breather tube and coating my shock. Cleaned it off only to be covered again. I have it apart for some winter maintenance and would like to solve this problem.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
  2. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Picture not to detailed ---but is that not your oil breather pipe that plugs into your air box ?
  3. Hooligan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610/SM
    Yes it is. The air box was plugged when the previous owner did the power up.
    Didn't think it was normal for that much oil to be coming out
  4. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Hmmmm wonder why he did THAT --- Power up kit is basically re-mapping ICU with plug over riding Lambda sensor and plugging exhaust hole where lambda sensor was removed ?
  5. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Yea. That's kinda normal. The way it sits now is a downward slope from the engine, so any oil vapour/splash will run down to the end. It should be routed into the airbox. Your other alternative is to run it to a oil catch can/separator. On my Hawk GT with uni pod filters, the crank case breather gets a small filter right in the valve cover. Extended high speed running would result in oil covering the rear head. I ran aong hose and placed the breather filter higher up. Not so bad now.
  6. Hooligan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610/SM
    So I should probably tie it up and put a uni filter on in? So liquid drains back
  7. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    Yeah I had problems with oil dripping down and out of my airbox on my 2000 610, tried some quick tricks but the only one that eventually worked was to redirect the breather tube as close to pavement and as outwards possible to avoid oil depositing on my rear wheel. Best solution is to install a small filter (they sell some filters specifically for this in Europe) after a small can like bushwa suggested. Gotta say i was amazed to see the pressure that the breather system can reach - I may create a new thread about this.
  8. Hooligan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610/SM
    thanks for the info guys