1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 511 Clutch Problem - Help.....

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tjb45, Oct 4, 2014.

1. tjb45 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Hi all, just got back from a failed ride on my TE 511, 2013.

At one time during the ride, I when to move off in first gear and stalled the bike, it felt a little like it was in top gear or the rear brake was stuck on, releasing the clutch I could feel it load up but not move.. I rocked the bike and let the clutch out again and everything felt fine again.

A couple of other times it felt as if the rear brake was dragging a little, but not enough to be worried about.

After stopping again several K's down the road, I when to move off in first gear and the rear wheel was locked, same in second and third, releasing the clutch slowly it was just loading up the engine.

After rocking the bike back and forward in gear with the clutch in I could feel what was like a set of gear not meshing correctly and ticking noise. In natural everything feels fine.

I took this short video after I trailered it home, this is with the bike in second and the clutch full in.. The noise seems to be coming from the clutch area, sometimes it completely locks the rear when trying to push forward, if this happens I can roll it backwards a little then forward to unlock it...

Any help on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.
    9880sts likes this.
  2. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    Hi,
    ok that sounds like something is loose in there.
    This is a easy check , at least the basics.
    Lean Bike on the left side, Remove all 8mm head screws around the Clutch Cover and inspect the Clutch.
    There is nothing you can do wrong by unbolting this cover. You can leave the Clutch cylinder and the hose connected.

Also for more info check this Page here..

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/449-511-clutch-adjustment-with-shim-and-assembly.45458/
  3. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    once you got it open , remove the pressure plate and check the big nut which holds the Clutch on the Crankshaft ...
    Let us know how you go.
  4. tjb45 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    So quick update. The problem turned out to be the outer bolts on the clutch basket, one had un-done itself and had started hitting on the clutch clover. Seems like another case of Husqvarna not doing thing up correctly..

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    All those bolt heads look like they have been rounded off, or at least abused in some way...
  6. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    good one.. no damage at least.
  7. tjb45 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Husky might have been using the imperial sockets for day when they put my bike together...

Anyway, Glad there wasn't any damage, but concerned what else might be loose.....
  8. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Definitely look like someone has been in there on those 10 outer bolts. Manual has torque settings and recommended loctite (they call it "encapsulated" something or another if I recall). Also I remember having to go around several times (in a star pattern) to torque those up as the initial bolts will need to be tightened further as the plate gets settled.