1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 511 alert

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Daveb511, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
    I just want to make owners aware of a potential problem. During a pretty hard ride I began to smell anti-freeze. My riding buddies said it was the over flow since it was a hot day and we were riding hard.

Turned out that my header pipe burned a hole into the lower radiator hose! The hole was on the underside of the hose so it was hard to see. Gradually all the water drained out of the radiator.

The lower radiator hose is routed very close to the header and owners should check it to make sure it is not contacting the header. It is a very bad location to put a radiator hose.

View attachment 42779 View attachment 42779

Attached Files:

Thrasher likes this.
  2. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Fancy eye-tal-ee-un engineering right there...yup.
    rabskyline likes this.
  4. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
  5. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Its to give us something to do, so we can feel smarter than the people who made the bike :cheers:
  6. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Guys....I have the header wrap and I will let you know of a few potential problems.

If you wash your bike the header wrap will soak up water, next time you start the bike if you idle it to warm up it creates a SHIT TON of steam. This steam goes right up into your starting relays and will corrode them heavily. In a matter of a month. SO, when I wash my bike I do it cold then, when I start it up next time, I take off immediately and keep moving so that the steam does not go straight up into the electronics, I just take slow 20mph streets with speed bumps that dont stop, just keep it rolling for 10-15 minutes. I am looking for a local source on the relays but no luck yet. You will shortly be plagued with sticking relays.....
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Never had this issue in 5500+ miles on mine nor have I read about this before. I just installed a FMF Megabomb so I have been looking at this area. Stock pipe had plenty of room and so does the FMF. I'm guessing he had a hose installed wrong.

[IMG]

I really like the way it is designed. there are a few things that are odd and tight like any bike.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  8. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
  9. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    Lanox ;)

Why a you not a gotta dee zeepa ty da oil reser de voirio feeted to dah bike Kellee ?

You a no a dee need eet ?
  10. flatout1234 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I am looking at buying a Husqvarna te 511 2011 I am unsure about a few things so if someone could help me out that would be great.
    how many km will I be able to get before I have to rebuild the bike?? can I ride the bike for longish distances around 300km with out wrecking the bike or should I trailer the bike ??
    how much is a rebuild??

would it wreck the bike if I just kept a steady speed of 100 for 30km on the main roads?? the bike I am looking at only has 970km on it and is in great condition and I am keen to get it but I have been told to do some research on it first.
    :)
  11. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006

Rebuild only needs to be done if you notice a loss of Power , massive Oil use.
    These Engines are pretty Good.
    if you buy a 511 , with stock Gearing , you can go on a Enduro bike like Road trip , just as if you would ride a Road bike. Open the throttle and go.
    It's got nothing to do with 80 or 100 km/h its more about the Engine RPM. With Stock gearing 15 front 51 back , you can travel at 150km/h without a worry.

Buy the Bike ... you will love it.
    These Engines are Super motard approved ., abuse in the bush on the trails.

You will not find any other bike , were you could clock up 2-3000km and there is no need of Valve clearance adjustment.

Ask Motosportz , he already put 5000 miles on his bike. around 7500 km without a rebuild or any issues.
    I do have 3000 km and no major problems. Its a bike i trust.
  12. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    I wouldnt be keen on 30km of 100km/h on knobblys

If you were dead set on doing it I would be dropping a few teeth on the rear.

I have a 40T on my supermoto wheels and 100km/h is fairly humming!
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I did two hours each way of 65mph on a stock te511 with fmf, airbox, and pc4. Stock gearing. I pulled off about every 20 minutes. The bike was SCREAMING. I stayed in the slow lane and slowed down when vehicles merged just to break up the constant rpm.

Bike had no problems doing it not a hiccup. But I would not do it again. I would do it with 15/42 on dirt wheels. Now with 15/44 on supermoto wheels it is much better but still winding up at 65mph.
  14. Keenan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511