1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 510 suspension mods?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by backagain, Mar 26, 2009.

1. backagain Husqvarna
    B Class

What are peoples opinions on the stock TE 510 suspension? Is it balanced front to back? I'm 205lbs. and a trail rider, nothing to crazy.
    Should I get different spring rates installed before I take delivery?
    Thanks, ahead of time.
  2. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Depends on how what type of trails and how fast you ride. IMO, you should ride it first in your terrain and at speed, then after playing with the clickers see how you like it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most euro bikes come with springs for a 175-190lb. rider.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My TE250, and the TE450 & 510 were certainly ridable, but I'm not a fast rider.

I like to do things once and do them right so I sent in and had them re-valved and I'm glad I did. :thumbsup:
  4. backagain Husqvarna
    B Class

Dean,
    If you don't mind my asking, where did you send them? Or would you recommend someone in my neck of the woods....Boise, Id.
    Thanks,
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Just dropped my forks and shock off with Les http://www.lt-racing.com/services.html to be resprung, valved and sprinkled with magic pixie dust. The 08 450/510's are sprung the same with 50Kg fork springs and 5.6Kg shock springs. He said that is fine for someone weighing 220+, otherwise lighter rate springs would be more appropriate and ride MUCH better. He's going to put 44's on my forks and a 5.5Kg on the shock with me being 170ish ready to ride. You would obviously fall somewhere in between me and the stock setup. HTH
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I sent them to MX-Tech in PA, John Curea a moderator on TT did them, nice guy and did great work. If I had to do it again I'd probably choose LTR cause he has a great rep too, and shipping was not cheap, $78?
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Also I'd like to say that I've pushed down on some forks re-done by Battones - NICE! :applause: I even rode the bike but it was set up setup for someone 80lbs heavier and much taller.

My bike is a 2006 TE250, and it had 800 miles on it when I first started talking to John, note that it usually takes 600+ miles to break in the suspension.

• John told me to run the front fork adjustments all the way out and the rear clickers in the middle of the range until I was ready to send him the suspension - that helped.
    • John not only re-valved the forks but also put in a mid-valve, the bikes only come with a base valve. He performed other magic in the shock as well.
    • When I got the suspension back and was riding I made a 'mistake' but the forks soaked it up. I'm absolutely convinced that my wrists would have broken with the stock suspension.
  8. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

LT Racing did a great job on complete revalve, springs and slightly lowering of my '05 TE510 suspension less than 2 months ago.........while we have Boise guys that do excellent work on typical Honda-Kaw-Yam-Suzuki type suspension, I can't really recommend any of them yet for Husky forks/shocks.
    Prior to LTR, I first tried some lowering/set-up w/our dealer. For me, that was an expensive error on my part.....for standard service work I've heard they're fine, but I'll just say IMO they have a ways to go yet before they get custom suspension work right.

Stock suspension works pretty well, but you'll probably find the forks are a bit harsh on some of our rocky trails. (& I agree, Husky's anyway seems to be good for 190'ish......Stock even did ok for my 260lb loaded up ride weight on trails as long as I stayed somewhat close to the ground)

First make sure sag is set right, ride it for a while, let it break-in some (if new), play with the clickers as mentioned above, then later contact Les at LT Racing and give him a honest description of your likes/dislikes, riding abilities and trails you ride......he will make it work right.

Oh, shipping......I agree w/Coffee, that is not cheap.
    I put my forks/shock in a plastic gun case and took it to a UPS Store. They then wrapped it in cardboard and asked the value for insurance.......I blurted out $3k. Shpg w/"packaging" and insurance came to $120!!!
    In hind sight, the gun case works great, but should have wrapped in cardboard myself to save $20 and maybe rethought the insurance amount to save a few bucks