1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 450 clutch

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dirt, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put an Oberon slave on and bled twice. Clutch is dragging. What would be the next thing to look for?
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    So, when you pull the clutch in, the bike still wants to creep forward? If so, your clutch rod may be worn and too short to fully separate the clutch plates.

Are you running a thick oil? I might try some 0w40 Mobil 1 before anything else if you are running a 20w50 or thicker
  3. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes it creeps with the clutch lever pulled in. I looked at the rod and did not seem worn but did not measure it.
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Does it creep when it's warm, or only when it's cold? Like OHR said, what kind of oil are you using? That makes a big difference. Is your master cylinder leaking at all?
  5. newellj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 450 TE, 2007 450 TE E3
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ 250
    What year?
  6. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is an 05. It has 10/50 in it now that I need to change. I will put 0w40 and let it get to operating temp.
  7. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Try Shell Rotella T6 5w40 oil. It is rated properly for your ride, is low cost and no more clutch drag.

Paw Paw
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Try tightening up your clutch springs a half turn each. maybe even take them out and clean them with brake cleaner, soak them over night in the correct oil and pop them back in.
    Note" most of the 05/06's had a very slight push when the clutch was engaged.
  9. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I tried to download a service PDF with no success. Anybody know the clutch plate thickness specs?
  10. Kt-88 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many
    Looks like new plate thickness is .118, wear limit is .114. Clutch springs are 1.61 in new, 1.53 max wear.
  11. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. Can't remember what they measured now.
  12. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

After doing some research, Am I correct the only option for clutch plates is oem? 05 TE450.
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There was another guy on here that had the same problems with the Oberon slave and his bike responded to new springs. The Oberon unit mus be a slightly different spec than stock causing these problems.
  14. Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just to put a twistie tie on this, determined the push rod was 3.5 mm to short causing slave to max out causing snap ring shoulder to blow out on stock slave. Installed new push rod, Oberon slave cylinder, bled slave. Tested today on 22 miles of single track and 4 wheeler trail. Brilliant.

Thanks for the replies.
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.