Te 450 2008 Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by hughbert03, Sep 20, 2019.

1. hughbert03 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw R1200GS 2009
    Hi guys and gals, I recently purchased a 2008 te 450, It was rather dirty so I washed it. It started after washing it. and then started the next day. I moved it on a trailer then went to start it.
    firstly the fuel pump wouldn't run. the ignition lights would come on the dash but when I push the engine stop button to the start position the LED's on the dash would stay on for a second then die.
    the tail light was on but when I pushed the rear brake the tail light would die.
    This morning I turned on the ignition and the tail light was very dull and flashing slowly, now nothing. The battery is on 12.94v. I've taken off the headlight and played with the wires, Nothing showed on the dash.
    Help!!
    Hughbert033
  2. hughbert03 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw R1200GS 2009
    i again, well I've read through many threads in this forum, found some possible answers. Anyhow I had a third look at the fuses and they all looked ok. But as suggested I replaced them all, the 3 small ones on the right side (sitting on the bike) and the 2 large ones on the starter\ positive side. turned the key, the dash lit up, put the bike back together, fuel pump works. Took it for a blast. Interestingly the headlight now works on low and high beamUghbert03