1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 449 Oxygen Lambda Sensor

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by heinrich, Jan 31, 2020.

1. heinrich Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    My (new to me) TE449 didn't come with the exhaust oxygen (lambda) sensor fitted and I would like to refit one. It is race map 2 configured so the plug is in but I want to tame it down a bit for the trail riding I do.
    If I remove the plug it shows errors on the dash and my understanding is:

- if you want race map 2, plug in dongle and remove the O2 sensor
    - if you want race mode 1, no dongle and have the O2 sensor in place.

1) Is my understanding correct, and 2) does anyone know where I can get an )2 sensor or does anyone in the UK have one lying around that I can buy from you?

Thanks H
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Hi, UK here too (Lincolnshire). With the Lamda out and the resistor plugged in, you will have the higher power map. Because there's no feedback correction, you can then modify the map if needed. It may be that you need to correct the map a bit to make it run smoother / pick up more cleanly.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Map 1 O2 in dash should say map 1. Map 2 jumper plug in no need for O2 dash should say map 2. There's a map 3 n others that people have made no need for 02. Dash will still say map 2. With no jumper plug n map 1 you'll set dash off
  4. heinrich Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    Thanks guys.

I am keen to switch it back to map 1, race map 2 is currently enabled but like I said, I am riding green lanes mostly and the sensitive throttle can be a handful sometimes. I am interested to see if it makes difference to my riding.

I can't recall the name of the Android app I have on my phone to hook up to the bike's ECU, but AFAIK you cannot remap using that software. Not keen on that anyway.

So are you all running race map 2?
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    I sold my 449/511 long ago. I ran map 3 fmf pipe, it was loud and fast. I couldn't ride either stock too many flame outs and they were so corked it felt like a 125cc 4 stroke just my opinion though
  6. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I just saw that yours is 2012. Do you have the option to modify the map with iBeat (Mikuni FI)?
  7. heinrich Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    No idea tbh. I just checked my list of apps on my phone and it looks like it is removed. So probably not supported on my phone. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the app i used.

In terms of ibeat, not sure, is it an app or software you use via a PC? I will have a look in the app store for it.
  8. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
  9. heinrich Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F700GS
    Thanks for that. I just found the app on my phone. It's called TuneECU. It's one of those that you keep staring past but never see in your app list! hehe.

I don't use it often, but I believe it is a read-only type app anyway.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Map1 is not really a more mellow map. It is more for emissions compliance. It makes the bike run very lean, hot, and causes low RPM flameouts. In fact they stopped providing the factory plug to enable Race Map2 in California and some other states in an attempt to prevent owners from running the better running enriched Map2.

Map1 does not enable Euro 4-5 type restrictions to reduce top RPM and power output, it just makes it run like crap.

If you want to tame it some, try a throttle tamer throttle tube and practice good right wrist control.
    heinrich likes this.