1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 310 Headlight - LED Bulbs?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by River-Runner, Oct 23, 2017.

1. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Been awhile guys......been doing more dual sport on the 690's with my wife.

My wife's MY12 TE310 needs a headlight bulb.

Has anyone installed one of the LED replacement bulbs now available into the TE310 reflector box? If so, how is the light pattern? Does it throw a light with a cutoff so you are not blinding people?

Using LED'S ON MY KTM (aftermarket Motominded) and BMW OEM and they are really great - you can pick out the deer and elk in the ditches....I live in Oregon... I wish Motominded made a LED fitment for her bike with the Baja Designs lights.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I put one on my 310r. I was mildly disappointed- even though I was totally incredulous of the chinese numbers. However, I've grown to grudgingly like it.

I got one of those 3rd or 4th generation H4 LED bulbs without a fan (it uses copper braid for heat-dissipation). It was claimed to be 30Watts and 4000LM at 6000°K color temp. I paid $23 for a pair delivered.

The focus and cutoff are fairly good, but an incandescent is better. the power source is 12-24v or was it 9-24v? anyways, at 11.5v it was drawing 1.2amps and at 14volts it was drawing 0.98amps so figure it is dissipating about 14watts (and the power supply is 3 of those watts I bet- that thing gets hot) so that is a long way off from 30watts. The color temp may be 6000K- it's bluish/brilliant white; though I was actually looking for something closer to yellow (3500K). But with all the fanboi's running HID look-alikes, that ain't gonna happen. The bulb gets pretty warm (125°F) but stays cooler than the stock 35w halogen.

For your wife's bike, I do not think these are the flame-throwers you need. the light is marginally better than stock in distance and cutoff is a bit worse.

I did notice that going into a steep drop-off, I could see down better before the front wheel dropped in; this might be a side-effect of the slightly worse focus.

H4 LED light bulb.jpg
  3. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Thanks TC -

Like I said above, I wish Motominded could push out more kits for more bikes - Plug and play and great lights. Even I can install their stuff......
  4. motominded Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 KTM 450 XC-F 2009 KTM 950 SE
    We are trying hard to keep up with new bikes coming out. Going backward with designs for older bikes is very difficult to do. I am adding employees to the team. We hope to be able to design more soon!!
    Thanks for the mentions RR!
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.