1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te 310 2012 Efi Trouble?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Sandvikcoromant, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Sandvikcoromant Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky 701 2017 KTM EXC 350 2019
    Hi All
    I bought a bike that only have 66 hours of run time and it haven't been started for some 2-3 years.
    I put in a new Lithium battery and fresh petrol + injection cleaner and then it started pretty easy. I let the bike run som 5-8 minutes then. Day after I tried to start it again but it wont and I emptied the battery. I charged it (battery) and made some start attempts together with start spray but it will only run for some 5 seconds and then stops. I can here the fuel pump start when switch on the ignition key and then it stops.

- Fine, it build up pressure before the engine start, makes sens to me and then shall the pump run all the time to supply the engine with gas.
    I tried time after time to start it but it's the same situation, it starts some seconds and then stop.
    I dissembled the pump, its belonging hoses, filter and cables and connected it, provisionally, outside the tank. My thoughts was that the pump should run all the time when it not can build up pressure but it stops after 5 seconds, same pattern as previously. I checked the relay and it worked too. I assembled all again and its the same situation as above, it starts but stop after a short while.

- Have anybody here in the forum encountered this issue at your bike and have any thoughts/ideas what to do next?
    Long text but I try to make myself understandably

BR Coromate
  2. Sandvikcoromant Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just borrowed a complete tank with its pump, cables and hoses and mounted it at my bike. After some starting attempt the engine started up a little bit nervous but it went to a more stable running at the engine. So now I know it has to do with the pump, filter and fuel pressure regulator. You can see the spring in the regulator so I was thinking that the regulator had been stuck by deposits coming from the fuel. Then I put an mandrel (right word?) illustrated by the red arrow in it and squeezed gentle just to see if it moves but it din't and I don't want to use more force at it, I'm afraid it will break then. I don't even know if that part shall move or not either.
    Is it someone here that have experiences and know better what to do to check if the regulator is ok?
    However, you can order a new one from Quantum fuel system, see link below, but sins I live in Sweden it will take some time to have it shipped to me so i rather want to see if I can use existing item

See link below!

https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-3546...rna-te-310-2011-2014-replaces-8000-h2930.html
  3. Sandvikcoromant Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    I should have added a picture to the message it but it was to big. What I mean with the red arrow was that I put the mandrel into the smallest diameter hole and press it with moderate force
  4. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    I would use a fuel pressure test gauge to see what the fuel pressure actually is. That way you can determine if it is the pump or a blockage.

It might pay to get the fuel injector cleaned if it still ran rough when you swapped the tank and fuel pump.
  5. Sandvikcoromant Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    I might perform a fuel pressure test just to see if the pressure is ok.
    I have cleaned the injector by mens of a specific tool device for that purpose, both forth and back of the injector as the manual tells.
    I tried to start it up today but it runs very Jerky, with the other gas tank. It's sputtering and won't rev up ordinary revs too. I'm getting very frustrated over this but I don't want to buy an OEM pump with its belonging parts. It's way too expensive
  6. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    On mine I installed a fuel pump for a yamaha tmax 500 (12 euros on ebay) that it's the same as OEM and fits like a charm with a mahle kl 97 fuel filter and no problems so far, bike runs great
  7. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Try a new spark plug, check the coil ground is not corroded and high tension lead is seated properly.
  8. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Good Day Try the Tempsensor on the Timingchain maby you can get one around 21 euro my bike TXC 310 2013 done a lot backfiring startet when cold after the second kick .. was not starting when hot .... my fuelpumpe injektor all was good.... after that.. problem was gone
  9. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    and I bought that bike second hand and it was standing for a long time have look to the waterpump as well just drain the system and open the pumpcover and have a look I

Attached Files:

10. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Hi any update ?