1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te 310 2011 Starter Problems Again.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bobo_BG, Jul 15, 2020.

1. bobo_BG Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Hi everybody.
    I have got the TE310 2011 and been having some issues with the starter. Sometimes stars with no issues, however, most of the time if it does not start with the first pressing the button, the starter does not engage anymore, just makes a click sound. I need to move the kick starter a little bit and the starter start engaging again. The starter gears have been replaced, the battery is brand new.
    The bike is with a rekluse clutch if does make any difference to these issues.
    Any idea what the problem might be?
  2. fraMTK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 Nuda 900 ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Race spec TE 310
    I have the same problem with mine (normal clutch), I asked Azzalin (ch racing) about it and he told me that it's a known issue on the 310 and there isn't really a solution other than using the kick starter to "reset it".
    In general he told me to try and use the electric start as rarely as possible since it's not really the most reliable thing ever on those models and may fail without warning.
  3. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    The starter relay can get degraded over time. The contacts get a lot of arcing and develop resistance. A quick way to isolate the starter relay is to use a jump start cable across the large terminals to test the circuit. If the starter spins when the relay is jumped then the problem is the relay. If the starter does not engage or move when the relay is jumpered, then the starter motor needs servicing or replacing.