1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE 300 vs TX 300

Discussion in '2st' started by tommytwostroke, Nov 5, 2016.

1. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Can anyone comment, honestly (having rode the two), on power delivery difference with semi close ratio gears on TX vs the TE? Is there any difference, if so please enlighten me?! PS: I'm aware of the difference between wide ratio vs semi close

Thanks Tommy
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Totally different animals. The TE pulls like a freight train down low, has a big meaty middle, but runs out on top. It likes to be short-shifted to stay in its happy place.

The TX pulls hard down low, has a ton of snap in the middle, and just keeps singing and making power, requiring fewer shifts to keep it in its happy place.

After directly swapping one to the other and ripping the same trail loop, for my personal taste and riding style, the TX is the winner. The Xplor fork on the TE is excellent, and the AER fork on the TX is brilliant.
    robertaccio and NCSteve like this.
  3. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I just put a deposit on a '17 TX300.......whoooooah NELLLLLLIE...my little 2010 Cr 144 will be sharing some space with a monster me thinks !!!
    robertaccio and JonXX like this.
  4. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am torn between the tx and te. I'm a intermediate vet rider, mostly single track now but I do like to go to the mx track occasionally. I get a bit of air but as I get older, not so much. I'm kinda leaning towards the tx, the reviews have been outstanding. I'm coming off a ktm 200xc-w (not so good on the track) just wondering if the tx would be too much bike and if first gear is low enough for single track. Thanks
    ripnriding likes this.
  5. KimDN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Between the TE and TX, as far as the powerplant goes the cylinder, head, and ignition box are all the same. The mufflers are different, maybe resulting in a different power delivery. Gearing is obviously different. If you are doing any track riding at all, the TX is going to be a lot better suspension-wise. For power delivery, a muffler swap will make them equal.
  6. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about 17 te250 has anybody rode one of them to compare to other bikes
  7. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

I haven't ridden one but I can tell you the shop I purchased my TX 300 from essentially helped me make the decision when he said the TE 250 is an animal....essentially built for an expert rider and the TX 300 for my purposes (trail riding/occassional moto/and primarily XC racing in a Vet B category) was the recommended rig of choice. After taking the TX out for a rip in just a field Sunday......I couldn't IMAGINE more of a beast of a bike...I believe the TE 250 caters more to someone who likes to be in the upper revs where the TX can play throughout the range with a more linear power curve..interested to hear from someone who has actually compared the two!
  8. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

YES...GET THE TX I'm coming off of a 2010 CR 144 and can't wait to get the TX into trails and test it in the XC circuit this year....where in Ontario are you?
  9. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am coming off a 2013 wr165 and own a 2012 ktm 250sx that is a animal. That why I was thinking the te250 would be a mellow 250. I figure the tx300 would be a hand full compared to a te250. I am a slow vet b rider and have loved my 165 but it time for a little more torque. I have rode a 16 Beta 250 rr and 300rr and found the Beta 250 was perfect easy to control power. The 300 Beta had to much. Thanks for your help and hope somebody that has rode all the bikes can give us there option.
  10. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kinda surprised to hear the te250 is more of an animal than the tx300. Sounds like the tx300 is the way to go. Pretty sure the tx300 is in my future. Hey ripinriding looks like there will be at least two tx's in the vet b line this year. I ride mostly in simcoe forest and the odd track day at motopark or rj's. Where do you ride?
    ripnriding likes this.
  11. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I race and ride mostly tight single track with off road bike wr165 and leave track duty to 250sx which it does well. I would think tx300 or xc300 are made to go fast in the desert or on a track not really meant for nasty tight single track I might be wrong. Think I read somewhere a mx mag tested a tx300 on mx track and said it was better than most mx bike on the track for most normal riders that does not sound like a good single track bike.
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    RIGHT ON!! Husky's representin' on the line then :) I just tested the waters last year with Mini-pine and Strickland XC last year in Vet C. Figured Vet B should be the class for this coming year as I came in 5th in mini-pine and 2nd at Strickland's.....actually....if I didn't have to fuel up(was using stock tank on the little cr)...I probably would have caught Jason Mcdonald sooner...rode his rear the last 3 km to finish line hehehehehe. Was racing under # 744. This year will be #646. Am committing to full series this year!!

I ride Prescott/Limerick forest and the track and trails at Freeflow andGodfrey MX/XC predominantly. Have a seasons pass for Free flow this year sooooo...will be looping the XC track heavily there ;) If you are ever out East my way...let's connect and go for a rip!!

You will love the TX man....AL Jonker was the man who shared the opinion and helped steer me to the TX over the TE....never rode with this guy but his reputation is pretty strong. YOu may be aware, he owns 2-wheel in Brockville. THis was the place I picked up my rig.

I can't wait to get it in the trails ! Have studded up my 144 and plan on getting some early season seat time for fun. See ya on the circuit!!!