1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE 250 IDLES HIGH

Discussion in '2st' started by gergte310, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2st, TC 250 2st,TE 250R 4st
    Other Motorcycles:
    HONDA CRF 150R, CRF 110,Z50,APRILLIA
    Hello, can someone advise my TE 250 2st 2017 takes time to come back to idle after the throttle is closed ?
    How can it be getting air and fuel with throttle closed?

The carby is fine, slider and cable are not sticking.
    Thx
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Air is getting in somewhere or else your pilot circuit is clogged.
  3. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thx i run a Lectron no pilot circuit the bike had the same issue with the Mikuni as well?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Couldn't tell you, but the problem can occur with any carburetor or even an injection system if you have an air leak or something not adjusted right. If your slide is resting on the slide stop adjuster and that is set where it needs to be, and there is slack in your throttle cable so that you have freeplay in the grip, then your idle circuit is lean because of SOMEthing. At this point, I would check for an air leak. I had a Lectron for a little while on one of my bikes, but never really got it dialed or liked what it did, so I got rid of it.
    JonXX and NH-JP like this.
  5. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    it can be allot of things, even a lean mid or top end can do it, when 2 strokes get hot the run lean

i doubt its air leak but spraying contact cleaner around the motor while running will show if you really do have an air leak, most motors do not, its a lean condition somewhere in the jetting range is my bet.

if it was an air leak it would idle high all the time because it is always sucking i air, does it idle high all the time? or just when you hard on the gas, ? when you run the motor slowly and its not as hot does it still happen?, if the answer is no to the last one you are running lean somewhere and with a lectron good luck working what part of the rod that is
    NH-JP likes this.
  6. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thx for this the bike did it with the Mikuni as well as the Lectron - i had an issue when i bought the bike the dealer put straight water in the radiators not coolant and the bike over heated riding some tight single track causing it to rev out of control so i am wondering if the reed valves are distorted?
  7. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    A lot of the stock reeds had issues from the factory with the base not sitting flat.
    You could remove and attempt to sand it flat,
    To test, as stated previously, spraying the area while the bike is running would be the test to see if the motor spikes in RPM’s.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As for the straight water Coolant does not make your bike run cooler. In fact straight water will run cooler. BUT coolant does have a higher boiling point. When I use to road race my Shelby all the cars on the track had to run straight water. Most racing clubs do not let you run coolant as they do not want the coolant on the track if there is a spill. Once you get it figured out put a fan on it and you will not have a overheating problem
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Too small of a pilot jet or too lean on the needle will cause it to do that. Adjusting your air screw will give you a clue if it's lean or rich. On a Mikuni if you have the air screw more than 2 1/4 out the pilot is likely too big or if it's at its best with less than 1/2 turn the pilot is too small. a common mistake is that people will adjust the idle screw too far in to get it to idle and the pilot circuit is essentially being bypassed and its idling on the needle circuit. This is a sure sign of having too big of a pilot. Change one thing at a time and adjust the air screw every time and you will get to the answer. Also a leaking crankshaft seal will allow it to suck air and throw of the fuel mixture.
    SloChicken likes this.
  10. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello, keeping on the lectron carby on which i purchased from Slavens decided to take the Reeds out and replaced them with V force 4r brand.
    I can see light thru the stock reed cage and not the v force brand so riding the bike this week will see how she goes.
    thx