1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 250 / 2010 / Marzocchi Shiver 50 mm forks

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Eoin, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I've just bought a 2010 TE250 fitted with Marzocchi Shiver 50 mm front forks. The PO said the dealer that he bought the bike from said these are an 'upgrade'. Are these forks any good? Also, as I declared non-standard forks to my insurance company, they immediately asked for the replacement cost. I guess they have been burned by insuring low value off road bikes with fancy expensive suspension fitted! Are these still available, my searches have not been successful so far, and what kind of price?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Depends on if they are standard Marzocchis or the racing version. If they are standard Marzocchis, they are fairly ho-hum suspension units. Can you post up a picture of the front end of the bike?
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Some pictures:
    Fork 1.jpg Fork 2.jpg Fork 3.jpg Fork 4.jpg
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Those look like standard style open cartridge forks to me, but maybe somebody else can chime in that has seen more of the "works" style closed cartridge units.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Maybe less of a mystery than I thought if it's an 09 bike registered in 2010, so the Marzocchi is actually standard?

Engine looks like this:

Engine.jpg

With Athena on the barrel. It is registered as a 250, but I spoke to the dealer that sold it to the PO in 2017, who said he had it down as a 300, so is that the 300 cc barrel?

Athena Marking.jpg
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I had 50mm zokes on my 08' te250. they were horrible in the dirt. very harsh. they can be made to work decent, but need a revalve
  7. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I guess that the 'upgrade' mentioned was probably setting them up properly / revalve. Hope so anyway!
    aha2070 likes this.
  8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Stock OC 50mm's. I had them on my 09 TE450. As above, they need a revalve then work very will IMO.
  9. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

these forks can b made to work very well, send them to Zip-Ty and let him set them up properly. same goes w the sachs shock, it takes a ohlins cartridge in it. you have a athena barrel which is believe is 302 cc.
  10. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

50mm marzocchi were stock units on the 2009 and 2010 310s. The barrel on that bike looks like a stock 2009 TE 310 barrel.
  11. Cleavon Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    I have an 05 with the upgrade forks. Cartridge seals are non existent as far as I can tell. I tried using some I found at a hydraulic supply but they’re a harder material and there’s a ton of stiction.

Attached Files: