1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te 250 2010 Help Mee!! Cuts Out After 3 Seconds

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskimacca, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Huskimacca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 250 TE (2010)
    Hey everyone... As written in the title my husky cuts out after 3 seconds when cold starting (also with the cold start button out)... Its the same even when i idle it up.. no matter what i do, it runs fine for 3 seconds and cut out like pushing the red button...

After maybe 15 times it wont cut out anymore...

Theres maybe also another problem, it just starts if i push the red but twice (hearing the injection noise) but the other problem came later...

Help me please... Im freaking out!

And sorry for my bad english.. im swiss
  2. Huskimacca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 250 TE (2010)
    I also need to say; the temp sensor has already been changed and some fuel was in the airbox...
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Check your injector- it sounds like it's not spraying correctly. If so, clean it with carb cleaner.

Once the bike warms up it runs correctly? and it restarts okay?

your english is fine.

good luck.
  4. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    I'd like to help, but we will have to define your problem a little better. :)

First, does the bike rev well once it's started? Grab a bunch of throttle and let go. Is there popping or backfiring, bogging, stalling, etc...?
    When you say the bike will start if you push "the red" twice. I'm not familiar with the TE switch gear. Do you mean the kill switch?
    Did this problem just turn on one day or has the bike been sitting for a long period before you noticed the problem?
    When you backed the idle screw out, did the idle increase or stay the same?
    When the bike stalls, will it start back up immediately?
    When you touch the start button briefly, do you hear the pump?
    Once running, does the bike run well?
    Is the fuel in the tank fresh?

The key is to isolate whether this is an electrical or fuel problem.

Some things to try:
    • Clean and test your injector. Spray it in a jar or on cardboard. If you have access to a spare, swap it. I have experience with two failing injectors, but they backfired and created lean symptoms.
    • Run the bike in the dark and look for sparks near the wiring harnesses, switches, air intake and flywheel cover (left side).
    • Inspect your plug for clues of running rich or lean or other failures (cracking, shorting, etc...). Replace if suspect.
    • Pull the plug and run the starter for 5 seconds while grounding the plug to the motor. Does the spark stop at any point? If so, you have an electrical problem
    • Test your fuel pressure if possible. If the pressure falls off, you have a failure in the pump, regulator, filter or lines.
    • If you have access to a multi-meter, there are techniques in the service manual to test the TPS, regulator, relays and CDI (I think).
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. Huskimacca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 250 TE (2010)
    Thank you all, that was an awesome help! I'm gonna try this and i'll let you know if it worked!

Thanks!
  6. Huskimacca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 250 TE (2010)
    Shame on me... I don't really know what the mistake was... but after i washed the bike to getting started with the search - it runs just perfect again...

So...: a lot of mud may causes this error :doh:
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    congratulations.

...but I doubt you fixed anything with water. keep riding though. and have fun.