1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TDC marker on TE310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by JoeF, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi folks,

I'm new to Husky and want to know before my first valve check is there a TDC marker anywhere?

Thanks for help

Joe

[IMG]
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There are a couple of marks on my 2006 TE250's cam - one of those coincide with the cam lobes being symmetrically pointing up, a little bit towards each other, and have maximum clearance between the cam lobes and the rocker arms.

You may find this thread of interest:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1343

:thumbsup:
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I'm pretty sure the owner's manual explains and may even illustrate this. If not get the CD of the Shop Manual from the dealer and it for sure will have it along with other common maintenance instructions.

I've watched it done and it's pretty slick. Took all of about 10 minutes to take the cover off, set it to TDC, check valve clearance and put new shim in and button it back up. I would definitely say it is a good selling point over many other brands, the ease of basic maintenance.
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Joe...

Each cam has its own gear....driven by a center gear in the middle....the TDC mark is on this center gear and visible from the spark plug side(right side)...it lines up with a slash mark on the cyl head...when the cam lobes are at base circle(pointing up)....

I would also recommend that having the spark plug out makes the engine easier to rotate.... IE use the rear tire to turn engine in the proper direction.....never turn engine backwards..otherwise the cam chain tensioner will be loaded up and may be damaged....

Valve adjustment is very user friendly on these engines....you'll have no trouble...

coffee's video is great.....btw
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Just to eliminate confusion, the rocker arms will be found between the cam lobes and the shims----measure your gap between the rocker arm and the shim. I removed the spark plug and bump the engine with the kickstart to align the timing marks. No problem. Good luck:cheers:
  6. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

@all: Thanks for the advice. I found the marker (visible like mentioned from the right side).

Here the result (new TE310 with 6,5 hours):

Intake: both 0,18mm
    Exhaust: left 0,23 and right 0,25mm

If I change the shims, should I adjust to the minimum or maximum clearance? Can I use the shims from the Japanese bikes? Are they using the same?

kr, Joe
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not sure you have a lot of choice. The shim sizes available do not allow for such fine adjustment. If you are at minimum clearance, and you change to the next shim size then you will be at maximum clearance.... although sanding the shims to make them slightly smaller can be done.

Yes! You can use any shims of the same size as the other manufacturers. If I needed a kit I'd order it from Motosportz cause it is fairly inexpensive compared to other places.

:cheers:
  8. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

TDC

You may have to click on it a few times to view.

Attached Files:

9. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi,

ordered also the Motosportz kit.

KR, Joe