Tc449 into supermoto

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Holeshot, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Holeshot Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te510, tc449, txc310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XS650, XT600 Tenere
    Hi guys,

I have a tc449 converted into a supermoto. 16,5/17" wheels, HE technik caliper with brembo radial pump.
    It rides not to bad, but I think handling could be better. Compared to my mates ktm smr it's really high and long. It's 7cm's (allmost 3 inches) longer.

For me it is no problem to shorten the swingarm, shocks or change the offset of the forks, but I have to know how much. Is there somebody here who has done this and has some experience and tried some different settings? The balance has to be correct and just cutting of 2 inches of the swingarm will most deffinitely ruin the bike :)

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
  2. Londin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449 MY11
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 and Hypermotard 1100
    Hi Paul
    I've had 30mm taken off my swing arm and I'm pretty happy with that. I have std. triple.
    If you need detailed info then try to contact motosupplies n the UK. They have been racing the 449 in the British and world championships so they know a bit about how to setup the tc449 for supermoto.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  3. Holeshot Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te510, tc449, txc310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XS650, XT600 Tenere
    Thanks for the tip! I will send them an email.
    Did you just guess the 30mm or did you also looked at the weight distribution of the bike?
    Did you also lowered it?
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    30mm is how much Husqvarna extended the swing arm to improve high speed stability off road.
  5. Holeshot Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te510, tc449, txc310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XS650, XT600 Tenere
    Is there then a difference between the swingarm of a tc and a te? Or are they the same?
    Paul from motosupplies replied my mail and said they used the dimentions of the 450rr
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Nah, they are the same.
  7. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

50mm Marzocchi forks and clamps, Ohlins TTX rear and you will have a well handling machine. I raced Pro class Supermoto here in the states and have hand many other top notch riders take mine for a spin and everyone has loved it. No need to shorten the swing arm . The fork are an inch shorter and the rear shock is half an inch shorter. I went to a TXC 511 for the 6speed for my race bike this year and love it, just swapped over all my parts. My TC449 feels like a turd now.
    Luke87-SMR likes this.
  8. Holeshot Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te510, tc449, txc310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XS650, XT600 Tenere
    Thanks For the reply! The problem is that those parts are too expensive for me.
    I also ride a dirtbike and an enduro and I will have to devide the cash between those three bikes. So adjusting the bike is no problem.
  9. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    What sprocket sizes are you guys racing with? Currently running the stock front and a 46T rear.