1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Tc250r 2013 exhaust problems

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by QUATTRO, Dec 4, 2016.

1. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello

The akraprovic is a little strange with the corner and the heat shield at the place were you have to grip the motor with your legs.
    Had someone also problems with the wide exhaust heating shield? Maybe it is because of my length I am a little longer than than average person. 1.93mtr
    Or is there a slip on aftermarket with better bend at that place? 20161204_093145.jpg 20161204_093155.jpg
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I'm 1.85M (6'1")and both my stock SS Leo Vince and my Ti Leo Vince (which definitely has no heat shield) get warm there. '14 TE310R
  3. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oké but do you have more space there now or melting your boots :-)
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, the space is the same and I'm not melting my boots or my OTB pants. OTOH, I see that your frame & protectors show some wear- you're gripping your bike more inboard than I do (and your method is correct; mine's a bit too loose).

FYI- your heat shield is missing a torx screw; with the tools out, maybe you were doing some maintenance.

also, let me know if my english is too idiomatic or I use too many acronyms and I'll translate.
  5. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello

The englisch is better then mine I think :-)
    the torx was missing because I was measuring the clearance.
    Yesterday I made some little changes with the heating shield. I have mount the shield with less clearance to the exhaust and changed the pipe mounting 3mm to the inside of the bike. Totally the heating shield is now overall 10mm more to the inside of the bike and is much better.
    Otherwise I will ride without heating shield with a otb pants
    :-)
  6. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wow- that looks much closer to the bike now; that should work fine.

you might consider using fiber washers under your shield to reduce the amount of heat conducted to it- although the majority of the heat it receives is radiated.
  8. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes that is a good Idee I will use those washers
    Bike runs great with modified exhaust cilinderhead 14:1 Wosnner piston and GET ecu pro version. I ride only 102 octane race fuel. This mods really made the bike to a rocket :-)
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.