TC 610 - 1990 Parts + General info. Help is needed!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Sund, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Sund Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC610 1990 frame. Approx 1997 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R60/6 1976, Sold. YZF 250 Sold.
    Hello and greetings from Denmark! :-)

I've just bought this bike:
    http://www.motorcykelgalleri.dk/galleri/31903-husqvarna_610_solgt_
    286501-husqvarna-610----solgt_.jpg

1:
    Where can I get a manual? - I've not been able to find a propper one online? Do anyone have a link - or a place it can be bought cheap (EU. would be best.)

2:
    Is there anywhere i can get cheap spareparts? I looked at Ebay. But there was very little properly because of the age. (1990) (Agian inside EU. would be best.)

3:
    From which model year to which model year does the TC 610 engine match parts? I'am not sure my engine is 1990. It has been changed. (It's the one with the waterpump at the buttom)

Any help will be appreciated a lot!
    Thanks in advance - The Dane! :-)
  2. daftmate Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x '89 TC510, 1x '89 TE510 +7 more.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA 10, Matchless G3LS, Yamaha HL540
    Hi there,

1. Looks an interesting bike, for parts manuals I got a great CD a couple of years from Husky Sport in the UK www.huskysport.co.uk the CD was called Husqvarna Parts books 1971 - 1999. They might still do it ?

2. New parts are not cheap but there is a suprising amount on ebay if you keep looking.

Reagrding your bike, here's what I think from the pictures (remember just my opinion and may not be correct !):

3.1 The frame looks early (like my 89) as the swingarm side plates are just that, 'plates' without the 'boxing in' on the later frames and footrest mounts. From a look at the parts manual this looks like it happened in '90 so the frame looks '89 or earlier. I'll try to post some pics to show. The frame number is on the side of the headstock that should help you track down the year.

3.2 As far as I know the last 4T engines with the waterpump at the bottom (crank driven) were the '89 models, after that the '90 came out with the cam shaft driven set up as per the one currently fitted to your bilke. For what I can see from the pictures, your bike looks like it has some sort of pump on the end of the crank and my guess is it's an oil pump. I assume the guard under the exhaust pipes at the front of the bike is covering an oil cooler. All very non standard and heavily modded for supermoto but looks really well done. Post some detail pics of the area and maybe we can sort out what it really is ?

3.3 The swingarm looks quite late and may be comtemporary with the body work which look like my '98.

I have swopped engine parts between years/models but you you have to go careful, they did quite a bit of R&D over time. Best way is the check the parts nos and see if they're the same between years. If they are you 'really should ' be OK ! If not then tread very carefull and measure everthing, there are some subtle differences along the way, as I keep finding out. What parts do you currently need help with ?

First two pics are the standard '89 water pumo set up driven off the crank. Next one is a bog standard '98 TE 610.

Last two are to try and show the frame difference befroe and after '89. First pic is an 99 send one a 89.

P1010021.JPG IMG_0522.JPG IMG_0432.JPG P1000092.JPG

DM

PS Spent a bit of time working in Aalborg some years ago, great place !
  3. Sund Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC610 1990 frame. Approx 1997 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R60/6 1976, Sold. YZF 250 Sold.
    WOW thanks, that is really helpful! Asked this on 3 different forums, and you were the only one with a propper answer! :-)

I know the frame is a 1990, or late 1989, because I have the registration papers.
    (Actually its a WR 400 with a 610 TC engine swap.) That's why I would like to know the engine year. Which would be good to know, when I need parts.

Here are some pictures of the engine:
    20140414_125403.jpg 20140414_125417.jpg 20140414_125437.jpg

Swing arm: Don't know what year that is, but would be interesting to know, if it's not original:
    20140414_125447.jpg

(I know it's in bad condition, but I got it cheap)
    Yes, it has been fitted with an oilfilter, as you mentioned.
    I need some new clutch plates. I can't find anywhere on the internet where I can order them. And still I don't know which years clutch plates fits my bike :-)

PS. Why did you work in Aalborg, and as what? :-)
  4. daftmate Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x '89 TC510, 1x '89 TE510 +7 more.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA 10, Matchless G3LS, Yamaha HL540
    HI sorry for delay, been riding !

Just from looking at the engine I can only say the top end with the cam driven water pump looks very like the parts and the finishes on my 98 TE610 but it really could be anything 90 on. The bottom end is more difficult, but must be post 92 if its 610 ? The non flywheelside crank end looks quite nonstandard, have you figured out what it does yet ? Are the pipes carrying lube oil ? The standard engine does not have a proper lube pump and uses a reed valve in the crankcase wall to act as a one way valve against crankcase pressure fluctuations caused by the piston movement and then to push oil around. The cam chain carries the oil up to the top half of the engine. Your engine looks like it has a modified lube system with a proper cartridge filter and possibly a gear type in that special casing on the front of the clutch cover ? I really cant be sure what it does without some more investigation. The engine number is on the left hand crankcase top near the kickstart, at least you'll know the age of the cases ......

Believe only pre '90's 510's had a crank driven water pump with the end of the crank having slot to drive the pump. See pic two.

Think the clutch plates will be pretty standard between the years ? If the clutch centre has a clipclip rather than a nut then its pre 88 ! see pics 3/4. The later cases also had a boss for mounting the crank seal retainer on the clutch side.

Regarding Aalborg, I was working for a gas turbine business based in UK who had contracted to supply the generator and compressor sets to Maersk (then Danbor) for offshore platforms on the Danish sector of the north sea. The shipyard we workied was Aalborg Vaereft ? Iwas responsible forthe commissioning and liked working the the danish shipyard guys very much. I recall a good street called Jomfru Anne Gade (excuse my spelling !) when most the good pubs and clubs were.

Here's some more pics of engine internals (both 510's) early one has the circlip retained clutch centre later one the thread. Might be interesting top the clutch cover off yours sometime and see what's inside ?

IMG_0385.JPG P1010046.JPG P1010047.JPG P1010048.JPG

DM