1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Tank Vent 2013 te511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Johnny Bravo, May 16, 2016.

1. Johnny Bravo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 hoda cbx, 1981 shovel head
    So I took my 2013 te511 on my first tight single track. I was having a blast until My bike would lose power and die out. Like I was losing fuel or a dirty filter. Long story short I noticed the PO capped the right side breather hose at the fuel fill. one day after this ride, I opened the gas cap there was plenty of suction. I am assuming this was the problem. However. I rode the bike last fall on some pretty open logging roads, and I rode it this winter with a timbersled kit on it. I never had any problems then, and the vent was capped off then too! I am going to test it out later today, but I am a bit nervous. I ended up leaving my bike on the trail yesterday. Bike has fmf Map3 from zipty and emissions canister removed. Why would it do this now and not then?????
  2. machinehead Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD
    A similar situation for me. There is a cap on the breather, but it comes like that from factory. I believe it is just so dirt cannot go in.
    I had a timbersled on my 2012 this winter. Now the power seems way down with the wheels back on. Bikes starts and runs fine.
    Half to full throttle, not much response, I did the TPS reset, as I was having a high idle also. No improvement. The searches say to try the TPS connector, as it can corrode.
    Maybe more moisture at this location with the snowbike setup ? Let me know if you found the solution !
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    yep- that's your problem. the vent is on the right side of the filler/cap, not on the cap itself (& the vent is for BOTH tanks). Crack the cap, ride home. Route a vent tube on it that goes to the front of the bike and higher than the cap ( go ahead and put it through the steering stem).

you're either probably tightening the cap more now (btw, the stock cap is famous for fu*king up the threads on the filler neck) or the stupid vent cap that the PO put on is more leak-proof now (filled w/ dust??)
  4. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I added my nomad tank and connected it to the breather. My bike was having trouble starting until I disconnected it, after that... no more problems
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    did you still have your 1-way valve connected from the vapor recovery system? ...that would do it. (edit: it's a 2-way valve. but still...)