Tank panniers for 610 w/stock tank?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Yossarian, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I have seen some reference to using the Aerostich panniers, and also see that Wolfman offers some.

Has anyone got experience with either, or perhaps another solution for the 610? I'm looking for something that is fairly secure to carry fuel bottles, forward and low if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Y
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can also consider a Meca Systems 1.5 gallon fuel tank for the right side. plumb it into the cross over line with a one way valve. Just an idea for ya.

I use soft luggage on my 610 with good results.
  3. Mike,

Do you have the part number for that Meca tank?
  4. I have the Wolfman panniers and they're another excellent Wolfman product.
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

KR262 is the right rear aluminum tank. It will carry 5 litres. Its 583 euros. Not cheap. But first rate.

You will need to make a small extension to get it to bolt up, but its easy to do.

You can download the Mecca System PDF parts catalogue in english, i think its on page 32. Lots of cool stuff in there.
  6. Daaaaaaang, Gina....

For 583 Euros I can make my own with near-similar quality.

Thanks anyways, Mike. You're a real asset to the board and I appreciate all the great posts & insight.
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep. Its expensive stuff. But this is exactly what the big boys run at Dakar.

There is a guy in Spain who makes them out of carbon fiber. They are trick.

I dont know where his email went. Maybe try a search? I think part of his business name was 'sahara' and the idea is he does rally prep and guided tours and stuff. Just an idea.

I will do a search, post anything i find.

Remember the Aqualine tanks will be here soon. :thumbsup: