1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Tail Light Wiring Help - 09 SM510R

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by teknic, Feb 15, 2014.

1. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    Hey Guys,

Previous owner installed an after market tail light but, the wiring came un-done during operation and I can't get it to go back together correctly, the brake light is always engaged.

I know the following:
    Red/Black = Right Signal
    Sky Blue = Left Signal
    Blue = Ground
    Green = Brake
    Yellow = Running light + Plate Light

Here is a pic of the harness coming from the front of the bike:
    [IMG]

And here is the tail light wiring:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

How I think it should go together:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks for the help everyone, kinda lost on this one.
  2. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    I figured it out guys, will post pics later of the finished product for those who want to know.
  3. B-Turbo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Honda bikes
    what kind of light did u install? I was looking into doing an LED set-up on my 09 SMR510
  4. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    @B-Turbo, honestly, I don't know what kinda light this is. The previous owner installed it, I was just trying to figure out how it was hacked up. It seems like a nice kit but the previous owner didn't really do that great of a job installing it (I'll be fixing that later). Also, I'm not sure if they are out there, but, it'd be nice to get a tail light assembly that didn't make the owner cut into the factory harness.
    `
    Here are some pics of the final connections.

[IMG]

[IMG]

See what I mean about the metal tab just sticking out there. Fixing eventually.

[IMG]

Final:
    [IMG]
  5. B-Turbo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Honda bikes
    i have the same tires lol . i love them. I hope to rewire in an LED setup in the rear also. Im not picky about cutting and splicing myself. :p
    Long as nothing shows and it is secure, I am fine with it. How are ur husky stickers holding up? Mine didnt last long. Ended up pealing them off. They just kept pealing back and looked crappy.
  6. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    Good so far. I had the bike indoors for a couple weeks in January, so when I put the stickers on, I pressed them on and continued to do so for a couple days after. They were lifting initially but I think by continuing to press them down, that allowed them to form and stick.

... or, you just might suck at putting stickers on :P
  7. B-Turbo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Honda bikes
    Hahaha i didnt put mine on. I took them off anyways lol I'm actually gonna paint my plastics and probably incorporate the design of the side plastics
  8. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    That would probably look pretty sick man. Make sure to post up some pics when done!
  9. 85KTM500 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 KTM 500MX
    @teknic is that aftermarket tail system that you have installed a three piece wiring system, and did you have to splice off of the existing husky one to the blinkers? I have an 09 te510, and have been having a bear of a time installing the UFO system, even shorted out the 20 amp breaker. Any advice helps.
  10. teknic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 SM510R
    Yes, it is a three piece wiring system and yes the previous owner installed and spliced the wiring system to install entire thing.

As for the breaker, I shorted out one as well but always have spares with this bike :D
  11. 85KTM500 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 KTM 500MX
    Alright thanks a lot for your help!!!
  12. Hbomb434 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 kx 250f 2007 Honda crf190 mini