1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Tail light dilemma on the WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dirtdame, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So.....when I bought the bike back in February of 2012, it came with the "enduro" kit which I hastily glanced at and put in a box in the garage. After putting aftermarket lights on my WR125, I liked that so much that I decided I'd like to light up the 300 as well. So I took the kit out and started to take stock of the parts. It seemed like everything was there....except a way to mount the tail light to the rear fender. Logic would dictate (from the shape and design of the assembly) that the light has to be bolted up to the mounting surface from the bottom side, so it is supposed to go onto a mounting bracket of some sort. None came with the kit. A quick look at an on-line parts list shows that the kit doesn't actually include any sort of a bracket. The parts list also shows some sort of a bracket on the fender parts page that appears to be what is needed, however that part costs close to 120 dollars?!
    My question is: does anybody actually have the stock tail light mounted to their 2011 WR300, and if so, what does the mounting bracket actually look like?
    I'm thinking that I'm just going to buy the same 20 dollar tail light assembly that I put on my 125, rather than spend 120 bucks to mount the stock light. That is just absurd!:thumbsdown:
  2. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

If I remember correctly you need to buy a different rear fender and some screws to mount the tail light. I think the wiring harness came with the bike when new. I think I bought the fender and installed the light then BMP hooked up the wires. This was on a 2011 WR250 and the fender was a factory Husky part.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I wonder what fender was used. There is only one option in the parts list for the bike. The OEM fender from my TE450 should work, but takes a completely different tail light assembly, that mounts in a different fashion too.

Attached Files:

4. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Been a long time but I'm pretty sure it's a WR part. I think the TE fenders were different. The fender has a little enduro mud gaurd molded into it. There is no bracket. it bolts up through the mud gaurd and into the light. The bolts go up through the bottom side of the light.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That makes sense, but there is only the one option listed for #12 rear fender.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg image.jpg these r the AUS version WR tail light/fenders. Came standard on 2011 & on bikes(my 2010 wr300 got one cos broke the stock fender!). It's all one piece of plastic with light that bolts in. There is a black extension piece that slips over the end of the downward facin white section for plate light/rego plate. The pre 11s had standard mx style rear fender n big bulky attachment with ally frame to mount. Very yuck
    ohmygewd and Dirtdame like this.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    [quote="shawbagga, post: 599556, member: 7675" these r the AUS version WR tail light/fenders. Came standard on 2011 & on bikes(my 2010 wr300 got one cos broke the stock fender!). It's all one piece of plastic with light that bolts in. There is a black extension piece that slips over the end of the downward facin white section for plate light/rego plate. The pre 11s had standard mx style rear fender n big bulky attachment with ally frame to mount. Very yuck[/quote]

That is definitely the light that came in the kit. And this is the rear fender that came stock on the bike, and there is no other version offered on the parts list for that year model.
    [IMG]

The bike will probably just end up with this 20 dollar item like the one I put on the 125.
    [IMG]
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yes ma'am that is certainly the light. Got quoted $211AU for one a few years back hence why don't run a tail light at all on the 300!!! Weird that u can't get the fender as it was standard part here from dealers-think it cost me bout $50-$60. Must be someone from AU with parts fiche that can giv u the part number. All the Euro/Aus enduro teams ran them! Check ebay?

They're a very sturdy piece(being one solid bit of plastic) that protects the light well n can still mount a licence plate to white part if required(I did wen lived in QLD). Doesn't rub on tyre wen bottoming susp on mx track or flap around/flog out bolt holes like others do. Look good too I reckon. Downside I guess is you can't remove the 'tongue' section but no real need to
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'll see if I can find a part number here DD
    Dirtdame likes this.
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I noticed that the tail light ran about 126 bucks here.:eek: Ridiculous! You'd think it was made out of gold or something!
  11. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
  13. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I went through the same thing when I went to install my tail light. Not only did I have the wrong light for the fender, the harness didn't match up. I bought a universal one and sold the OEM one on Ebay.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dirtdame, taps has your fender n part # on his 360 build thread
    Dirtdame and juicypips like this.