Taboc Camaligbato Cebu SX track construction

Discussion in 'Other places' started by ray_ray, Feb 6, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This new track is about 2 miles from my home ... It can be ridden on my way out to the mountains or on my way home ... It's got some loam in the clay and some sand also so its got a different feel than just a clay track ... Should get muddy but not so un-ridable sticky in the rain ... And its gonna rut up all over ... Got lots of berm action and that's what I'm interested in really ...The ground is being rented by the same crowd I raced the Kopiko series with, the Danao Riders ...So needless to say, I'm in. This will be our practice track and a few races a yr probably.

Here's a few pics of construction work and the drying of the track over this week ... Track was dusty today ... We race Sunday and tomorrow is Saturday so the masses will probably stop by to practice ... I hope to be there before 7am and get my corning work in ...

108_0257_result.JPG 108_0258_result.JPG 108_0260_result.JPG 108_0262_result.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Day 2 - Same 08 WR250 Husky

108_0270_result.JPG 108_0272_result.JPG 108_0273_result.JPG 108_0275_result.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll do more later ... That 250 was so cool out there when the ground was ~wet ... I'd be coming that straight in 4th about pinned and the bike would catch even more traction way out there and the front wheel would just start rising ... I'll have some video later...
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is early in the week and the track was damp ... Traction was about at the 95% level ..

No jumper on the 08 WR250 but I'm hoping to get a little better at it before next May when we race again here ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I999JPN-zJk
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There's track practice \ riding and then there is racing ... I like practice riding on a track for many reasons. For one thing, I can ride with friends who are the real racers guys and lots faster than me. (I could never get in a real moto with them in most cases) ... Here's Pepi Rubi passing me in a corner and almost eats it ... That's my other racer friend James D on the new 450 KX ... I doubt he's gonna go back to the Honda 450 he was riding.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02sN5d2jmU0
  6. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 KLX 250s, 77 YZ125, 11 KTM SX105
    It's sad that you live in a mountainous area and that's what you have for a track
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep and as you can see, these guys are all about the SX type stuff ... I'm just glad they are have that long straight and flat type corner and the berms are pretty good ...That's really all I need as I'm really a trail rider. I just need a few jumps every now & then to keep the rust off for the trails ... That soil is pretty good and does not get too sticky in the rain.

The only way I can practice there alot is to not jump very much ... If you clear those small doubles, its lots less jarring on the landing but even then, my body can't take lots of practicing with all that pounding ... I'm gonna just blast around the side of them and line back up and do that corner work ...

They're gonna widen the jumps and receivers so we can safely go 2, maybe 3 wide ... I keep saying the word 'rollers' to them and the word 'chop'...

There are 2 pretty cool hilly tracks here but too far to ride to and practice ... Also, I'm not sure if they know what we call enduro-cross ... Those tracks work well on flat ground and might be cheaper to build than burning diesel all day ... Fans here would love it as you can get very close and be safe and all the crashing will be very funny for them.