Swm Rs650r (te630) Problem

Discussion in '610/630' started by Blagoja D., Oct 1, 2019.

1. Blagoja D. Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS650R (Husky T630)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hayabusa, Cbr1000rr, X-Max 400, B350
    Hi all, new member here.
    I own a 2016 swm rs650r, first owner, 1500 or so kms by now (900miles). I have a problem with the engine losing power, shutting down under heavy acceleration - throttle fully open. Usually happens sporadically and I'm unable to replicate the problem on demand. Today it happened in 6th gear, accelerating on flat highway road between 110 and 120kmph (70-80mph).

First I thought it's the handlebar switch, removed it out of the equation by soldering the wires together so the RH red switch no longer does anything.

Then I checked all connections and tightened them (to the battery, VR, etc.)

I had to stop, turn off the key to off in order for the bike to start again, without this (turning it off) they starter wouldn't turn.

This issue happens since new, while the switch on the RH side was operational I was able to cycle the fuel pump on/off and restart the bike while moving.

The dealer said nothing is wrong when they hooked the bike to diagnose it, said its the switch and ordered a new one.

Since the switch isnt the main culprit, I guess its the fuel pump?

I run a supposed 100 octane fuel, another alternative is 95 around here. Spark plug was changed 2 times, thought thats the reason but it isnt.

I asked for a new fuel pump, new main wire harness and Im at the end of my wits here. It's pretty unnerving to lose all power in the left lane and be forced to the side of the road to restart the bike.
  2. Blagoja D. Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS650R (Husky T630)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bike is new, mostly stock, doesnt have many mods. Light bulbs are changed to led, handlebars to rizoma. Idle is 1700-1850rpm.
    Slave cylinder is changed to an aftermarket unit because the stock failed and lost the oil in the engine (Oberon unit now).

Bike runs fine, starts fine, nothing stands out apart from this weird issue of stalling while driving usually under heavy acceleration.
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Your saying it cuts out then will not crank to restart until the key or kill switch is turned off then on again. Does yours have the "tip over" cut out fitted?
    It sounds like a safety cutout is triggering. Perhaps the tip over or side stand safety switch is faulty??
    Does the dash display go blank?
  4. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    I had a similar issue. Bike would cut out, then restart and run fine, till it cut out again. Turned out to be the main fuse. I changed the fuse and the problem vanished. Worth a try.
  5. Blagoja D. Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS650R (Husky T630)
    Other Motorcycles:
    I replaced the 3 fuses and bought some fuel additive and put 1/4 from the 50ml bottle. Drove a bit on the highway but it was busy with traffic and couldn't use the left lane safely afraid the bike will stall and I won't be able to safely stop. It didn't stall but I didn't push it as hard as when the issue appears. Will check again later. The dealer talked to the factory and they are pretty sure it's the tip over sensor and they will be sending a new one. I might open the existing sensor and just jam the ring in the center so I can eliminate it as a possible issue.
  6. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Exact is the rollover sensor. Lock it in place with silicone after you open it
  7. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Its odd that Husky didn't fit the lean angle sensor to the TE630, only the SM, yet SWM fitted it to the RS650R.
  8. Pierre 630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 250
    I had a similar issue, in fact the battery fixing elastic was broken, and sometimes the + mades a short-circuit, touching the frame !
  9. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    I've had an issue where the bike would cut out under acceleration, mostly sporadically. Turned out to be just a loose battery ground cable.