SWM news (General for now)---125 2T !!!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, May 19, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    See- 125cc 2T MX machine.....sounds like the rebirth of the last series Red Husky CR/WR 125/144

"After holding our collective breath overnight, SWM did NOT release any photos of the in-development bikes. Which included a MX125cc 2T, a mid-size 4T sport bike, and a MX250fi 4T bike. We hope to have unofficial photos in a few days. If you have questions for them please use the message function on the SWM Motorcycles facebook page. They will reply promptly. Usually Facebook automatically places a direct link to that page when we enter the SWM Motorcycles name, but it looks like FB is not providing it at this time."
    Dirtdame likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm going to assume the MX250FI bike will be a redhead X-lite platform..... as above the MX125 assumption is that it will be the last generation of the 125/144 platform and it has to be a closed course MX machine with all the new emissions laws.
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    where did you get this info about the 125?
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    from an SWM intro meeting taking place right now in Varese. Ron Lawson (Dirt Bike Mag) and Pete Vetrano (US importer, are there among other magazine and dealer distributor folks. That was a quote directly from them from FB
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That's great news
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Good for parts long term!
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Update on my SWM650RR. It is going really well and no issues to date. I have now done 2000 kms mainly off road. Tyres are the Pirelli desert Scorpion front and the Michelin T63 rear. both doing an excellent job. Bought the small Nelson Rigg soft saddle bags and tank bag. Using 2 Giant Loop heat shields on the pipes to protect the saddle bags. I have a B&B bash plate and B&B rear rack. The rack carries the auxillary 6 litre fuel tank.
    I am getting 250 kms on the road and 200kms off road before the low fuel lights up. I find that it only takes 8-9 litres to fill up at that stage. Am considering the Safari long range tank but it is a big Mutha at 25 litres. Have mentioned to the SWM guys the 18 litre tank from the new 630 enduro would be a good part to acquire along with the wind screen and crash bars. Waiting to hear back from them.
    I find the 650 a little better balanced than the my old 630 due to slightly lower height. The fuelling is also a tad better.
    From the factory the steering bearings and swing arm bearings were pretty well covered, however a home job is guaranteeing a top job. Also put in a hammer head gear lever tip to account for my size 13 boots. Anyone with size 11 or over should consider this.
    Bike has a smooth gear box, good clutch and reasonable suspension- needed to back off rear comp and rebound to put it in sync with the front end-pretty happy with the outcome. The suspension travel is a smidge less than the 630. I think this is a good thing as it is sufficient for hard bush work but does not dive as much under braking on road. Brakes are excellent.

All in all a good package at an excellent price. I was looking at the KTM690, I rode it and felt I was sitting way too high. It was not nearly as good/well mannered on the road. I suspect it would be a slightly better bike than the 650 off road. That said my mates are having lots of issues with theirs including electrical, mech and suspension issues (al be it they are 3-4 year old 650 CC versions). I did not feel comfortable on the KTM from a longer mixed use ride perspective.
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

GHTE, thanks for a real world report !
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250