Swm Husqvarna Parts Conversion

Discussion in '610/630' started by Shaun Callan, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Shaun Callan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norton Commando, Triumph T140, Ural
    Sorry to all if I am not doing this right, I am 60 and this is the 1st forum I have ever been on and my last dirt bike was a Husqvarna WR390 Auto in 1981, and I am now about to buy a new SWM 300R to go riding with my grandson. Can anyone please tell me if sprockets from Husqvarna 310 models will fit onto the SWM as I rode one and standard gearing is too high for me, and I cannot find any SWM sprocket that gear the bike down?
  2. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Front sprocket atleast is different. some ktm uses same as swm,husky shares with some tm.
    google says this fits swm 300r,much easier to ask ktm sprocket... https://www.biketeile-service.de/KT...aring/frontsprocketracing13toothpitch520.html
    Check that google is correct before buy...

Usually there is some code stamped in sprocket,put that in google and it tells where it is used,or ask local mc shop if they have same but with diffrent teeth count. Usually last two numbers have been tooth count.
  3. Shaun Callan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you for the info, now I have somewhere to start looking, much appreciated. Do you know what year Husqvarna 310 that the SWM 300 derives from? Reviews quote the bike as being a copy anywhere from 2010 t0 2012? I can see that the basic design is the same but obviously there are a number of changes. Also, I have noted a difference of 1mm in the bore and stroke quoted for the SWM and Husqvarna by some sources?
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The engine block of the SWM300 is the same basic block of the 250/310 AND 450/510 from circa 03-10. Those are the "bigger" block series twin cam engines. The difference was the 250/310 cyl and head and some other bits. Dont know if they updated output shafts but logically the sprockets should be same. As for the rear hubs that I dont know. BTW Most sprocket companies now have SWM in their catalogs. check on line
  5. Shaun Callan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I have done Google searches and most companies only offer the standard size sprockets for the SWM's and some offer taller gearing, but I have still not found anyone that offers lower gearing for the 300's. I have noticed 12 tooth fronts and 52 rear for the 500's but nothing for 300's, not sure if the 500 and 300 have the same shafts and rear wheel fixings?
  6. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
  7. Shaun Callan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM
    Other Motorcycles:
    That great I have seen the 52 tooth sprockets advertised for the 500 but no mention of the 300 fitting the same sprocket, and these guys do state 500's and 300's share the same fitting pattern, thanks