1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Swedish DNA in the Cagiva Huskies?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by HodaddyB, Jan 29, 2009.

1. HodaddyB Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a '93 WXC 610, and am curious how much if any of the design is from the Swedish days. I'm fairly new to this level of detail concerning Husky's history, but very curious just the same.
    Is this a Swedish design, or is it a Cagiva engine?

I can certainly see some streetbike styling influences in the body, but the elegance of the engine design definitely suggest scandinavian design.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm fairly certain that the basic 4 stroke motor / chassis design was VERY Swedish in '93. They didn't do much with the thumpers after taking over. The two strokes on the other hand are pretty much Cagiva bikes with Husky logos.

The first Husabergs motors were spin-offs from the old Swedish Husky DNA and not much more than "next generation" Husky motors.
  3. HodaddyB Husqvarna
    B Class

Sweet. I was hoping that was the case. Nothing against the Italins, I just like examples that are true to their heritage. I couldn't argue w/ the price on this bike, plus I love the styling, so it's mine now.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Great to hear. Welcome to CH.

Stand that '93 next to a new 610 and you'll still see all the "Swedish DNA" coming through.
  5. HodaddyB Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    As explained above..alot of Swede heritage there,,,I owned an 86 510TX and even my friends 98 TE610 had engineering that went right back to the 100% Swede 86 aircooled thumper. very cool to see with the evolutionary engineering package, and even the brand new single cammers share that design heritage.
  7. HodaddyB Husqvarna
    B Class

Yesterday, while waiting for something cutting on the bandsaw, I looked around inside the crankcases and covers. Much to my delight I saw "Made In Sweden" cast into the metal.:applause:
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's even closer than I though.