Suspension Updates 2018

Discussion in 'TR650' started by risinqsun, May 2, 2018.

1. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Hey guys,

today I took my front forks apart and discovered that the preowner messed up.
    More about that here in my last post: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/rally-fairing-and-other-accessories.88010/.

Now I'm looking for good alternatives, not just for the forks, but also for the rear shock.

I already know:

Forks:
    -Internals Swap from a Marzocci Shiver 45 (that's the one I'm considering now)
    -KYB swap

Shock:
    -Touratech
    -Mepo
    -Hyperpro

Would be awesome to get more input on that topic. Most of the stuff already online is a few years old.

Greetings, Flo
  2. Aquatic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buddina, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar
    I can only comment on the KYB swap. I have done 2 conversions for others. They are both still very happy. The first was 2 years ago. He also changed his rear shock. i cannot recall to what though.
    I have also sold a number of kits to folks here. Yet to get any bad feedback!
  3. kyle01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 430, Honda CR 144, XS650
    Heck yeah Craig- your parts are beautiful. Just finished up the KYB swap today... set at the factory clicker settings and running mobil1 synthetic ATF for my fluid (around 10wt) stock springs. It’s a dream. The heavier oil means small bump compliance isn’t as cushy as it could be- but it feels SO MUCH better than the stocker. Doesn’t dive under braking, or I should say whatever diving it does is super smooth and controlled. Very very very happy. FE2D0B7F-E3A3-4615-BBFD-E6C5842F47CF.jpeg 3D02A58D-85F2-42F3-A53F-48A0DA9FC949.jpeg
  4. Aquatic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar
    @kyle01 you need a longer brake line Squire
  5. kyle01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    It’s on the list. Trying to figure out what I need to order! I had to use the washer from the original axle between the brake side spacer (the red one) or the spacer pressed against the hub instead of the inner bearing race. Have you seen this? The washer off the old axle is the perfect diameter to take care of it! And your axle... SEXY bit of machining there!!! And great finish on it to boot. Hardest part of the job was opening the triple up to 58.5mm (I dont have a boring head) so had to get a little creative on the fixture as I had to point the steering stem down... but the results were perfection! Thanks!!
  6. Aquatic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar

I have seen it. Every so often there is a hub that has the bearing located too deep(4 to date). All of these have been with BMW and Huskys after 2008ish
    I have tried to modify the spacer to accommodate this, but not possible to cover every hub.
  7. kyle01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    It’s fine as is, just a note to anyone assembling for the first time- make sure the spacers don’t bind. If they do, add the washer from the factory axle behind your spacer and it’s off to the races.
  8. Aquatic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar
    Thumbs up. Thank you

You are the first person to have an issue with the new style spacer