Suspension tuners in UK

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Spice Weasel, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I went for a blast yesterday and the forks are doing my head in.
    They feel harsh on the twisty roads i prefer to ride, which usually tend to be rough and uneven.
    I know the bike would be capable of more on these roads and feel like its being held back by the poor fork set up.
    Theres also almost total lack of adjustment available, just rebound.
    I need someone who knows how to sort this out here in the UK.
    I really hope someone can help.
    Thanks
  2. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    you could try nick at pro racing in northamptonshire or andy (brokenlegs) at dave clarke racing based in bolton
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  3. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Have you got the rear sag set right? If you have too much rear sag you won't be loading the front end enough.
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    All settings are at standard but the forks are dropped 5mm, 1 ring down from top.
    It feels alright on low speed compression but too harsh, really hard hitting on the high speed compression on rough roads, like the front is chattering.
    Its either too hard on high frequency bumps or always running at the bottom end of its travel. I checked it today and from the line of dirt i have about 3 and a half to 4 inches of travel left.
    I weigh 12 stone (168 pounds) kitted up.
  5. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    You're a light guy, I would start by backing the compression right off, all the way, then the rebound right off too. Too much compression will make the front end harsh, too much rebound will have the same effect as the forks won't have time to return before hitting the next bump in the road. Ride it then and see how it feels before you go throwing money at a suspension guru, if it feels better then have a play with the adjusters making one adjustment at a time then ride again, you'll get the feel whether you made a good or bad adjustment. It takes time and you may need softer springs but you should be able to get it better without.
    What tyres and pressure are you running? I used to run 23 to 25 psi on my Husaberg supermoto, much less that your average road bike.
  6. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
  7. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Im not far north of Newcastle, the blast i mentioned that went for was along the Rothbury road.
    Rear free sag is 20mm
    Im running Goldspeed Street Sport Ultra's at 24psi on both.
    I cant sort the forks out myself because the only adjustment available is rebound, which is a bit pathetic TBH.
    Thanks for the links and help so far