1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Suspension settings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by m1kebeck, May 4, 2018.

1. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Finally was able to take out the bike today (04 wr250) and it seemed to be kinda all over the place especially in some sandy areas. Tomorrow I am going to set the suspension to all factory settings and take it from there. I have the forks flush w the triple clamps. Does anyone with this bike run it all factory settings or any advice on how their bike is setup? I do not have anything correctly dialed in I know that. The bike was way too tall for me so I softened up the spring a bunch to compensate for the height for now but I am shaving down the seat and setting sag to my weight properly. I’m sure that’ll help and the seat will give me the height I need (I’m only 5’8 and on tippy toes when sitting on the bike lol) FYI I ride pretty open trails and sandy areas so I do run the bike pretty fast nothing too technical in the woods by me on Long Island
  2. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Oh and would setting the sag at say 110 if needed for my height, how big a difference does that make than say the standard settings of 100-105?
  3. David Hudson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KDX200, 1987 KLR650
    My bike is a 2000 WR250. Most likely you will be fine with the sag at 110. I have rear sag about 4.25 inches which is about 108mm and the front forks set at the first line on the tubes even with the triple clamp. I would recommend changing the front fork oil if you haven't already done so. I have found that the forks in these bikes work better with 5wt fork oil instead of 7.5wt. They feel smoother with the lighter oil. Suspension set-up varies so much from person to person, but it is worth the time to learn what works best for you. When I first got my bike, it would head shake really bad in rough, high speed stuff. The bike also felt like it was always trying to buck me off like a wild horse, lol. I started going over the suspension and the rear shock had the rebound clicker set all the way out! Just to see what would happen, I put in 12 clicks and magically the head shake disappeared and no more feeling like I was going to go over the bars at any moment. Much better:) Good luck to you!
    ray_ray and m1kebeck like this.
  4. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Awesome thanks so much! Yeah I set everything to factory settings and sag at like 4.5 inches it feels much better! I have the forks flush with triple clamps. I’ll def check the oil. He said he replaced the rings and oil recently but I’ll try it out, world of difference though. Except in sand I couldn’t move but it’s because the tires I have on it.