1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Suspension setting in the rear to not get bucked after leaving a jump 2012 wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by apariah, Mar 8, 2021.

1. apariah Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    Ive been trying to sort out the rear suspension on my WR300. I feel like it wants to launch me straight over the bars when leaving any sort of lip. I've tried adjusting rebound and slow and fast compression. But regardless of what I do it wants to send me. I rode a buddies beta over the same area and it jumps super smooth. Both are using the sachs rear shock, but I'm not sure of they are the same sonce my bike is 9 years older.

Any thoughts on atleast some default setting that might help sort this out?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Make sure your shock is in good working order and isn't leaking or filled with old dirty shock fluid. Then, make sure you have plenty of sag in your rear suspension. With you on the bike, the suspension should settle about 110 mm or about 4.33 inches. If you still have trouble after that, make sure that your spring rate is correct for your weight. I had the right sag, but my spring was too heavy for my weight. Something called "ride level" will determine what happens also. Make sure that your forks and shocks are dialed in to compliment each other so that you have a level reactions between the front and back.
    apariah likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you cant trouble shoot without first baselining..... 9 years old......get your shock serviced and set up by a reputable suspension tech . Its a waste of time and effort to try and set up with all the unknowns.
    apariah likes this.
  4. apariah Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    The sag is at 110, and has been serviced right before I bought it late last year. I'm about 15lbs under the weight the weight of the previous owner and the current spring was set for him.

5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    do a normal geared up sag setting to verify spring rate @ closer to 100 -105 and with about 35mm free sag .
    use this for a very good starting point.
    https://racetech.com/ProductSearch/12/Husqvarna/WR300/2012
    apariah likes this.
  6. apariah Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    In the end it was technique. I wasn't leaving the jump on throttle and it was causing the buck in all but one of situations.