1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Suspension set up

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by husky570, Apr 29, 2009.

1. husky570 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hello, I am trying to set up the suspension on my 02 TE 570, the front end never felt very planted when cornering. So me and my brother have set everyting back to the standard settings for the suspension and set the sag. Does anybody have much experience with this bike and does it not handle very well?:excuseme:
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It should feel planted as the one I rode felt really good. First you need to find out what Spring rates you have (could still be a small black sticker on the bottom of shock spring). If it is close for your weight you need to set your sag for the front and back. It should have about 35mm of static sag on the front. I do this by stepping on the foot peg and compressing both ends a little and then find its resting spot. Put a zip tie on the fork tube by the seal, then either have someone pull the bike up to measure or use a lift stand. The rear is about 100 mm (4 inches). Often if the front end is not staying planted it is either not enough sag in the forks or you have too much sag in the rear. At least this is my opinion and am not a suspension expert. How high the forks are in the tubes makes a huge difference as well.