1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Suspension set-up tips for '13 CR125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by melias24, Aug 3, 2019.

1. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whitsundays region, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Hey guys,

So i've been struggling with setting my suspension up proerply on my 125. Ever since i've got it it's always been too stiff up front and soft in the ass, i really have never done anything with dirt bike suspension, so im just wondering how i can make it a bit more even all round? Or is it best to see a shop?

I mostly ride woods and some open fast stuff. I've found it's very hard to control the front end in soft sand/dirt. Thanks
  2. robbyredneck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250f, crf250r kx100
    I bet. figure out which spring you need in each end. racetech was close for me. Im old and slow as well as fat so the forks were nearly spot on for me. but the shock spring was 4 sizes light. huge imbalance. coincidentally this weekend I just rebuilt my forks and did confirm that the internals are the same as my sss forks on my yamaha. only difference appears to be valving. once you get it sorted out you won't believe the difference.
  3. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Proper springs make a big difference, I put gold valves in my forks which really made them work well - worth the money in my opinion
  4. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150

Proper oil makes a HUGE difference. Try using Redline's lightest suspension fluid. You won't believe how much better it is that generic 5W
  6. robbyredneck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250f, crf250r kx100
    Like water or extra light?
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  8. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Stiffen every thing up and back out from there. Get it up in the stroke. Test it and turn those clickers. Read Dwights post on setup. Put a high pressure pump on the shock and make sure you have at least 150 psi in the shock.
    Picklito likes this.
  9. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whitsundays region, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Will a mountain bike shock pump work? Mine goes up to 350psi.
  10. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

You need nitrogen in shock, not air.
  11. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Air will work too
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If you have an air drier like they use for scuba tanks or air rifles that's better than regular air. Nitrogen is more stable because it doesn't have moisture which can boil or expand which changes pressure and also causes corrosion if you go a long time between shock services. That said as an experiment pro riders were asked to give feedback when shock pressures were changed and the pressure could be changed as much as 20 psi before it was noticed by the rider. 150 psi is pretty standard on most shocks and is needed to keep pressure on the lip seal so it doesn't leak.
  13. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    I struggled with my TC449 attempting to get the suspension set up correctly for several months. I had also was been able to get my bikes to work really well for over 35 years, but this one kicked my butt. I finally gave up and sent it all to ZipTY racing after a good conversation on the phone with him. It only took a couple of weeks turn around and I must say I was very happy with the results. I took it out of the box and bolted it on and rode it as shipped. I have never had to touch the adjusters and they have held up great. I recommend him.

Paw Paw
    melias24 likes this.
  14. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would agree with PawPaw...after spending a couple of frustrating cycles tweaking this and tweaking that, I ended up sending my suspension to PowerBand Racing in Minnesota. He set my stuff up for the woods and my kid’s for moto. Unbelievable customer service.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They did a nice job on my 511 as well.